GNR on MTV News

GNR Rocks35

thats cool. always good to get gnr some publicity. So normally since it's friday i would be out somewhere being a drunken asshole and causing public disturbance in general. But i'm horribly sick with some kinda super cold, or some chuck norris cold that roundhouse kicks your lungs and makes you cough all the time. So i just wanted to say the forum is awesome, cuz i cant sleep, but the forum never closes!

I saw that also... Kinda bugged me how they made it seem like it was the same GnR from the '88 VMA clips they were using.

Yeah I know what you mean man! That bugs me a lot as well. Show some live footage of the new band. Show the people this IS a new band instead of trying to hold up the illusion that it's still the same old gnr.

this shouldent come from me but: I blame the media/mtv for that one

I saw that also... Kinda bugged me how they made it seem like it was the same GnR from the '88 VMA clips they were using.

Yeah I know what you mean man! That bugs me a lot as well. Show some live footage of the new band. Show the people this IS a new band instead of trying to hold up the illusion that it's still the same old gnr.

But are they even allowed to? Maybe '02 VMA's but even that's another band freak show.. And less people would recognize(sp?) it to be Guns N' Roses so it'd be just confussing. I don't like them using the old bands footage but that's the truth..

By the way, they showed TV-commercials here for the gigs in Helsinki and used old footage too :|

But are they even allowed to? Maybe '02 VMA's but even that's another band freak show.. And less people would recognize(sp?) it to be Guns N' Roses so it'd be just confussing. I don't like them using the old bands footage but that's the truth..

By the way, they showed TV-commercials here for the gigs in Helsinki and used old footage too :|

Good point not sure. Then again shows like Rock Am Ring, Rock In Rio and Island Invasion were broadcasted worldwide. So I'm not sure. I also think it'd be in the best interest of the band to just allow MTV to do it. I mean it creates a sense of realism.

no they weren't

Edited by Axl-rocks

i agree. all the adverts i saw for the european tour had only orignal gnr footage and pictures. if this is a new band then they'd want to use new footage, pics and maybe one or two new songs in their adverts. i want to see new live footage and what other new gnr shows look like!

Edited by vicious

A watched VH1 the other day and a show called 'All Access: Awesomely Ridiculous Celeb Moments' which featured the Axl vs. Tommy fight. There were some pretty funny comments from the people interviewed about it. Anyone got a clip of this??