and i thought 2 keyboardists was alot...

RJ88

Guest Matt13

This is gonna get moved... but this was an awesome performance. It's easy to see why Axl wanted to go in that direction. I cared less about NIN before this performance, but after seeing it live on PPV, they stole the show. #1 NIN, #2 performance Aerosmith, #3 RHCP.

Awesome event. Just awesome. Shame GNR couldn't show up.

Guest Matt13
cool performance, but take away the theatrics and that song is kinda boring actually. I like trent reznor, but that song is just kinda slow to me. But good performance nonetheless.

Take away any theatrics from any song and it becomes more dull. I know what you mean though... Closer was designed to be a mainstream radio song... something catchy to pull in mainstream listeners. NIN has been the only band that has come close to the psychodelic brilliance of Pink Floyd, to a lesser scale, the Beatles... whom influenced both. There is much more to NIN than Closer.

However, Closer is one kick ass song if you've ever experienced it 'right'. Like in a dance club, half drunk with a beautiful woman grinding on your leg :D

Every year I discover a new layer of music or some other element to the song I've never heard before. It's actualy quite complex. Beautifully complex.

cool performance, but take away the theatrics and that song is kinda boring actually. I like trent reznor, but that song is just kinda slow to me. But good performance nonetheless.

Take away any theatrics from any song and it becomes more dull. I know what you mean though... Closer was designed to be a mainstream radio song... something catchy to pull in mainstream listeners. NIN has been the only band that has come close to the psychodelic brilliance of Pink Floyd, to a lesser scale, the Beatles... whom influenced both. There is much more to NIN than Closer.

However, Closer is one kick ass song if you've ever experienced it 'right'. Like in a dance club, half drunk with a beautiful woman grinding on your leg :D

Every year I discover a new layer of music or some other element to the song I've never heard before. It's actualy quite complex. Beautifully complex.

agreed, there are just other songs I like better from him, and btw take theatrics away from SCOM,Estranged, Breakdown, RK, Better, the Blues etc and they are still great rock1

The infamous "Mudstock" show. *grin*

Awesome clip.

As others have said - "Closer" is the most "radio-friendly" of the early NIN songs. If you really want to get into the band, you should check out some of their other stuff. If you need suggestions on tracks, just ask. :D

Now - as much as I'd love to keep this thread in the main section for all to enjoy the clip - :heart: - it will have to be moved to the "My World" section.

I saw a band once that had 6 drummers, 3 keyboardists and 2 guitarists

NIN ain't got nothin on Blue Man Group lol

Doesn't slipShitknot have 2 or 3 drummers and 5 guitarists or somthin. i heard they have 9 members or something. haha, 1 more than the NEW GNR

Guest Matt13
agreed, there are just other songs I like better from him, and btw take theatrics away from SCOM,Estranged, Breakdown, RK, Better, the Blues etc and they are still great rock1

Touche. I think genuine rock bands, with just guitars and a drum set, don't need any theatrics. The old GNR songs fit that bill. I think there's an element of visuals that make NIN songs, well, better for a lot of fans (however I personally think all of Trent's work is brilliant, w/o visuals). The same could be said for a lot of Pink Floyd's work. I mean, imagine not having the visual of their fantastic stage shows to back up the music when you hear it otherwise... sober that is! I think songs like Madagascar by GNR also rely on a stage show to an extent, and feel a lot of the new material will require this illusion, if you will.

However, smoke a joint (something I haven't done in years) and listen to anything and it's fantastic. Lol. Especially NIN or PF shit.