Rage Adds 3 More Dates

Turn_It_Up

So RATM has now added 3 more live shows. Looks like little doubt this is headed for a full scale reunion:

http://www.pe.com/digitalextra/entertainme...e27.3b8040.html

Rage Against the Machine adds Orange Show concert date

04:18 PM PST on Monday, February 26, 2007

By PAUL SAITOWITZ

The Press-Enterprise

Besides its highly anticipated Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival reunion April 29 at the Empire Polo Field in Indio, Rage Against the Machine has added three more dates to its summer schedule.

The group, which disbanded in 2000 and has not performed or released any new material since, will headline all three Rock the Bells hip-hop festivals, including an Aug. 11 stop at the National Orange Show in San Bernardino.

Other Rock the Bells shows will take place July 28 in New York City and Aug. 18 in San Francisco.

"This is really huge for the city of San Bernardino and for this venue," said Rock the Bells organizer Chang Weisberg. "This is a band with a huge influence in hip-hop and all of music and to bring them, the Coachella headliner, here is in my mind as big as when the Rolling Stones played this venue."

Rage has not announced any plans to mount a full-scale tour, but many in the industry see it as just a matter of time.

"Why wouldn't they do it?" said Ray Waddell, senior touring editor at Billboard. "I think if these performances go well you can definitely expect to see something like that."

Also confirmed for Rock the Bells is hip-hop outfit Wu-Tang Clan. Wu-Tang, which also headlined Rock the Bells in 2006, had teamed with Rage for an ill-fated tour in 1997 that was halted shortly after it began.

"This really is a dream come true for me and a lot of the fans," Weisberg said. "To put together a lineup this special is one thing, but I'm also excited about bringing it to the Orange Show and proving what a great concert venue that place can be."

Rage Against the Machine members Tom Morello (guitar), Tim Commerford (bass) and Brad Wilk (drums) had continued on after the breakup as Audioslave with former Soundgarden lead singer Chris Cornell on vocals.

But in an official statement two weeks ago Cornell announced that he was leaving Audioslave.