I'm trying to transfer files from a camera to a PC

nameless_girl

I'm trying to transfer files from a camera to a PC and when I try to transfer videos - as opposed to images - all I get is this message: "The supplied user buffer is not valid for the requested operation."

Descriptive as always.

The funny thing is - it used to work before. With the same settings and camera, no less.

Which is why I'm confused.

And this is REALLY urgent - my chem video documentation is on it. :scared:

Edited by jack99

I'm trying to transfer files from a camera to a PC and when I try to transfer videos - as opposed to images - all I get is this message: "The supplied user buffer is not valid for the requested operation."

Descriptive as always.

The funny thing is - it used to work before. With the same settings and camera, no less.

Which is why I'm confused.

Are you trying to transfer them via a program?

If so then try the other way: Open ''My computer'', at the devices with Removable Storage there must be an icon who belongs to your camera, try to open it and copy your files from there.

It sounds like the files are corrupted, in which case there isn't anything you can do.

One last thing to try before you give up is to do what gina9 said, but instead of transferring the files over, try to copy and paste them.

Also, try taking the batteries out of the camera for a few hours, then put them back in. That should reset the camera and maybe you'll be able to transfer them then.

Edited by santana

I tried a card-reader and the file still refuses to allow itself to be copied or transferred. So do a couple of new test files.

HOWEVER, they all play perfectly whilst still on the camera. Surely that means they can somehow be rescued? :unsure:

See, chemistry really just does screw up everything. Even your camera. :no:

:rofl-lol: !! You really DO despise that subject, don't you? :lol:

I swear, I'm going to start thinking you were scarred for life by some childhood trauma involving a chemistry kit.

I tried a card-reader and the file still refuses to allow itself to be copied or transferred. So do a couple of new test files.

HOWEVER, they all play perfectly whilst still on the camera. Surely that means they can somehow be rescued? :unsure:

Can you connect to your tv and view it that way? If you can then you could try re-record it from there. But i suppose that wouldent be much use unless you have a DVD recorder.

I hope I don't have to explain why it's not clever to title all threads in the Support Section "HELP".

I know. :xmassrudolph:

But I was being a hypocrite and trying to get as many people to view it as possible. :no: (Because I'm that way - if I see some boring-sounding thread I may just have a couple of very vague ideas about, I'll skip it, whereas curiosity will make me open one of those "HELP, FREAKING APOCALYPSE HERE!!" threads. And then I say that meh, I might as well respond to it now that I'm here. It's a long shot, but one of those "very vague" ideas may actually be a good suggeston.)

But anyway, it's alright now. I made an annoyed man get it off the camera via two cords, a TV set and DVD recorder. ^_^

I'd still like to know how the hell to get them off myself, though. So, if anyone knows, please help.