Trying To Play The Ramones

okay, im like learnin so i go out and buy this book showin ramones chords cuz people tell me even a moron can play ramones stuff and i still cant really play no songs. so i get this book and it tells u how to do the shit but...its wrong. it sounds right when i play it like for example, blitzkrieg bop...the main riff is like G A E. the major chords, the basic ones y'know? and when u play it it sounds pretty much right and it has those things with the lines and the dots representing the strings and where to fret em and ok thats cool but the thing is when i watch the ramones movies, johnny aint playin those chords on Blitzkrieg Bop, he's playin barre chords so wtf's this book talkin bout? and further to that, everywhere i look online shows me a different set of chords for BB. so what the fucks goin on, can someone help???

It is the same notes and chord, just in a different position. You get the same kinda sound if you play using major chords, but it sounds more 'punk' if you use powerchords.

Sounds basically the same though.

how'd i find out how to do it the johnny way then?

Just learn the G barre chord, the A barre chord etc. and play it that way. By the sound of the song, its probably barre chords hes using.

okay cool. i know all the basic barre shapes and those are the ones johnnys playin, i just done know (by heart) which ones they are up n down the fretboard but i can find that out, thanx a lot :)