Rammstein

carsonskitz

I am a big fan, i went to see them at a few UK tour dates, and travelled to Germany to see them in Berlin, they put on such a great show, they sound good and all the pyrotechnic stuff is great. I have all there albums and most songs are amazing, and i like all there albums.

I think I read it in an interview with one of the band members, perhaps Flake. Not entirely sure. But, they've got at least two gigs this year iirc, it was on one of the Rammstein boards. Or maybe that was just a rumour? I can't honestly remember - but it won't be a prolonged break that's for sure.

I can't wait to see them live :)

I think I read it in an interview with one of the band members, perhaps Flake. Not entirely sure. But, they've got at least two gigs this year iirc, it was on one of the Rammstein boards. Or maybe that was just a rumour? I can't honestly remember - but it won't be a prolonged break that's for sure.

I hope they Tour this year, they are such great shows and you dont want to leave them at the end, it was great on there last tour when they used to put flake in the cooking pot and put flames to it.

I hope they Tour this year, they are such great shows and you dont want to leave them at the end, it was great on there last tour when they used to put flake in the cooking pot and put flames to it.

That has to be my favourite live video. Some of my mates were unimpressed - so I was like, "screw you, and get a decent taste of showmanship". I missed them last time round - won't make that mistake again.

That has to be my favourite live video. Some of my mates were unimpressed - so I was like, "screw you, and get a decent taste of showmanship". I missed them last time round - won't make that mistake again.

Ye, if you get to the front at one of there shows, its so hot from the flames, but you can still feel the heat from the flames from the back of the venue, one gig i went to i got a V.I.P pass, didnt really get too meet the band as such, but it was great.

Edited by jkdrummer

Not a big fan, but they are okay. I don't own albums, though.

But the favourite song out of teh ones I know has to be "Ich Will"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KsSzo2vYq8

But on the other hand, if you listen to Seemann, from Rammstein

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbN6E3DqJ9A

And then listen to the version of Apocalyptica feat. Nina Hagen, the Rammstein versions sucks big time.

But I suppose they are okay. ;)

any fans of the german rock band rammstein?

proper intense stuff

not heard the album rosenrot though...any good?

sonne live - brixton

I like 'em, what i've heard which isnt much.. du hast and the first album.. whatever the name of it was, i just know it had du hast on it and i've heard a few songs here and there... i dont have a fuckin clue what he's syaing.. but it's prolly best that way..lol..

Firstly, I would pay to see Rammstein perform live. I would pay shit loads, wouldnt really care how much, from what i have seen on their Volkerball dvd, especially the concert at Le Nimes, it would be worth every cent.

Secondly, I'm no Goth or Emo or what ever the usual sterotype is that people give others that listen to a band like rammstein. Just a normal hard working guy that knows quality when he see's or in this case hears it. I like all sorts from all genres except rap.

As for rammstein, I believe they are the most under-rated, most misunderstood band of our time. For me they have produced the best music i have ever listened to, no other music has been able go so deep within and bring out feelings and emotions that you think are dead, especially when you watch/listen to stripped on the dvd with the stereo up as loud as she'll go:)

They have evolved with the times, there music has gone from a heavy/electronic bass, of the mid 90's to what i would now describe as almost 'opera-atic' performance. There music is awesome, their concerts are awe-inspiring.

I highly recommend the Ltd Edtion version of volkerball with the extra dvd and book and the complete set of songs on the cd's. Reise Reise is also very good, and has a better version of 'Amerika'. Herzeleid and Mutter are also good but have a very eletric edge to most of the songs, sehnsucht is a must, has all the orginal classics, Rossenrot is also good but i must warn that the video to Mann Gegen Mann is very disturbing.

Which brings me to another point, Rammstein make true music videos, yes some are disturbing but you must understand that nearly everything they do is done in a metaphorical manner. 'Amerika' is a very clever video with smart political undertones. Ich Will is very entertaining and looks as if it would make a good movie, this to has a sly political tone to it that may not be that clear to us westerners. Du Hast's video is just as good as the song and also leaves you wanting more, it to is presented as if just a snippet of a bigger picture. Then there is Mein Teil which is my favourite, the video is just as mean as the song, this video is genious. Each memeber was isolated and asked to perform their own interperation of the song, the end result is disturbing, humourous and highly entertaining!

I dont know how many years of performing they have left in them, watching them peform at Le Nimes seemed as if you are witnessing a great band at a peak that it may never reach again. I just hope they tour again soon and hopefully this time south of the equator!!!

Cheers

-Ohne Dich is a damn sad song, recomend that you get it translated and learn what it means-