New Marilyn Manson has leaked

Estranged Reality

Obviously I won't be posting links publicly here, but it has just leaked a couple hours ago, and it'll probably be all over the torrent sites soon.

I'm going to give it a listen. I'm not a huge Manson fan (is anybody?) but he makes some nice, aggressive tunes that I enjoy putting on during workouts and such. Shame he ruined what little enjoyment I got out of his work by becoming such a public fool.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Manson is a genious, his lyrics are awesome. rock3

Yes he is a genious i'm completely agree with you, he's brilliant i've been his fan since i was 16 when Antichrist Superstar came out it was something about him that hooked me up with him immediately.. Mechanical Animals is my favourite to me is his best work until this date,i like the elements of melancholy and love included there.

I own all his studio albums and i'll buy this new cd, i heard a couple of songs on his myspace and they sound pretty dark and Gothic. rock1

i think manson is the most awful phoney dreadful contrived and utterly vacant performer of our times. he's just these ridiculous attempts at trying to shock, its just boring. i mean, if you want a total psycho, you have GG Allin, at least he meant it and practised it...Mansons just a lil phoney. you want the real? heres the real, Jesus Christ Allin, for your viewing pleasure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ywGfBipo2c

Marilyn Manson is one of few performers today that can justifiably call themselves an artist. Many will dismiss him as nothing more than a gimmick, which in many cases he admits to being, but one would hope to look into the deeper meanings of some of his works to truly understand the reason for his art. Whether it be music, painting, or film-making, he has consistently utilized artistic gestures to provoke a response from his audience. Personally, I believe there is something to admire in an individual who willingly sacrifices societal perception in the pursuit of self-expressionism. As frightening as it may sound, Manson's theatrics are not a ploy or marketing tactic. They're very much a part of the Frankenstein monster that he created for himself. Unlike notable shock rockers such as Alice Cooper, Manson's artistic vision is inseparable from his daily existence. You will never find him playing golf or eating brunch with conservatives. When he's on stage, he's Marilyn Manson, and when he's off stage, he's Marilyn Manson. I ask you to find another musician out there today that walks the walk of their talk with such disturbing conviction..

I've followed his career for years and own most of his albums. Admittedly, I'm not the biggest fan and only care for about half of what he's released, but since Antichrist Superstar, I've been left with the impression that he's trying to do something more than simply be a rock star/pop artist. Whether or not he's achieved anything of the sort is up for debate. I think it's safe to say his music was overshadowed by his act. Shock can have a great value, but its value fizzles out rather quickly - sometimes to the point of redundancy as people become more and more desensitized to such things. Ultimately for artists, it comes down to whether or not you have a message and whether or not that message can remain relevant over time. Manson has proven himself to be more than a one-trick pony by consistently evolving over the course of a decade. He began as the Antichrist Superstar, waging a social war against organized religion. He transformed into a glam icon, mocking the very celebrity that he had become. He reluctantly became the voice of redemption in a post-Columbine world that sought to make him a scapegoat of a horrific tragedy. He relished in The Golden Age Of Grotesque, which served as a warning to the neocons of excessive capitalist accumulation, mixed with vice ends in brutality. Now, he has become an introspective and melancholic songwriter who seeks to no longer be the voice of a generation, but the voice of his own being..

Powerful art evokes a reaction, even if it's one of revulsion. Say what you will about the man, but he has achieved more in his life than any of us could possibly imagine. Motivated by his hatred of conformity, hypocrisy and blind faith, Marilyn Manson became an undisputed icon, and the last true rock star..

-Kickingthehabit

It's okay. He's trying a new direction, and lyrically this is a lot better than usual (apart from a few stupid choruses), but it's not quite as catchy as earlier material. I'm not enough of a Manson fan to really listen to it over and over again, either.

His lyrics are wicked. Like these here:

Speed Of Pain:

They slit our throats

Like we were flowers

And our milk has been devoured

When you want it

It goes away too fast

Times u hate it

It always seems to last

But just remember when you think you're free

The crack inside you fucking heart is me

[thought, not spoken:] I wanna outrace the speed of pain for another day

I wish I could sleep

But I can't lay on my back

Because ther's a knife

For everyday that I've known you

When you want it

It goes away yoo fast

Times u hate it

It always seems to last

But just remember when you think you're free

The crack inside your fucking heart is me

[thought, not spoken:] I wanna outrace the speed of pain for another day

Lie to me, cry to me, give to me

I would

Lie with me, die with me, give to me

I would

Keep all your secrets wrapped in dead hair

I hope at least we die holding hands for always

The Nobodies:

Today I'm dirty

I want to to be pretty

Tomorrow I know, I'm just dirt

Today I'm dirty

I want to to be pretty

Tomorrow I know, I'm just dirt

We are the nobodies

Wanna be somebodies

We're dead, we know just who we are

We are the nobodies

Wanna be somebodies

Yesterday I was dirty

Wanted to be pretty

I know now that I'm forever dirt

Yesterday I was dirty

Wanted to be pretty

I know now that I'm forever dirt

We are the nobodies

Wanna be somebodies

We are the nobodies

Wanna be somebodies

Some children died the other day

We feed machines and then we pray

Look up and down mortified

You should have seen the ratings that day

Some children died the other day

We feed machines and then we pray

Look up and down mortified

You should have seen the ratings that day

We are the nobodies

Wanna be somebodies

We are the nobodies

Wanna be somebodies

We are the nobodies

Wanna be somebodies

We are the nobodies

Wanna be somebodies

Target Audience:

Am I sorry your sky went black,

put your knives in babies backs?

Am I sorry you killed the Kennedy's and Huxley too?

But I'm sorry Shakespeare

was your scapegoat

and your apples sticking into my throat

Sorry your Sunday smiles are rusty nails

and your crucifixion commercials failed

but I'm just a pitiful anonymous

And I see all the young believers

Your target audience

I see all the old deceivers

we all just sing their song

Am I sorry to be alive

putting my face in the beehive?

Am I sorry for Booth and Oswald, pinks and cocaine too?

I'm sorry you never check

the bag in my head for a bomb

and my halo was a needle hole

I'm sorry I saw a priest being beaten

and I made a wish

but I'm just a pitiful anonymous

Your target audience

"the valley of death we are free

your father's your prison you see"

Your target audience

you're just a copy of an imitation

I bought the actual album - listening now. It's pretty good thus far :)

How? It's released in June.

Oops - I feel like a douche. I bought The Golden Age of Grotesque :rofl-lol: I picked up the Manson album my local store sold, I figured that must be it - bought it, and bunged it in my CD player. I just checked and I bought that one :rofl-lol: Ah well, it was only a tenner, and pretty good. I'll just keep listening to the MySpace songs until it does come out. Jeez, I'm thick sometimes.

I ask you to find another musician out there today that walks the walk of their talk with such disturbing conviction..

Well, I can think of one person in particular. However, he doesn't talk...

GG Allin??? more conviction too. he's out there too....in bone form i am sure.

Has anyone really listened to this album? Who is this guitarist hes got now? The guitar work on this album is absolutely phenomenal. Im not a huge Manson fan by any means. I loved Antichrist Superstar and thought Golden Age of Grotesque was ok and thats about my exposure to Manson. I have to say, this album isnt Manson's best work lyrically. Some of it is good but some of it is kinda lame and just like the last album it sounds like hes trying too hard to sound clever sometimes. Although the album does feel more personal as well. Whoever the guitarist is really steals the show though as there are some amazing soloes on this CD and the song structure is well crafted. Kudos.

Has anyone really listened to this album? Who is this guitarist hes got now? The guitar work on this album is absolutely phenomenal. Im not a huge Manson fan by any means. I loved Antichrist Superstar and thought Golden Age of Grotesque was ok and thats about my exposure to Manson. I have to say, this album isnt Manson's best work lyrically. Some of it is good but some of it is kinda lame and just like the last album it sounds like hes trying too hard to sound clever sometimes. Although the album does feel more personal as well. Whoever the guitarist is really steals the show though as there are some amazing soloes on this CD and the song structure is well crafted. Kudos.

Tim Skold. He's top notch. Him and John5 together would've been awesome though.