Perfect Day

oogieboogieman420

I love Perfect Day.

You do know thats about herion, right?!?! :suspicious:

yeah, it feels like it's about a drug.. I feel that way about my pot ;) so yeah, I imagen that, and always said that it had to be about a drug.. plus it's the theme of Ren overdosing in trainspotting.. love that movie

maybe try Heroin by The Velvet Underground? kind of like perfect day but not really, builds into a kind of crescendo. and if you like trainspotting you might want to check out The Panic In Needle Park.

I love Perfect Day.

yeah, it feels like it's about a drug.. I feel that way about my pot ;) so yeah, I imagen that, and always said that it had to be about a drug.. plus it's the theme of Ren overdosing in trainspotting.. love that movie

maybe try Heroin by The Velvet Underground? kind of like perfect day but not really, builds into a kind of crescendo. and if you like trainspotting you might want to check out The Panic In Needle Park.

thats not the Pacino movie where he plays an addict and falls in love? If so, i'll pass.. I love Pacino, but that movie was so borning.. if not, please.. tell me some about it.. will check thats ong out also.,.. I really like how it's just mellow and relaxed and his voice is just like... relax man.. it's gonna be ok... that song and movie, is the only thing that's ever made me wanna try heroin.. just couldnt put that spike in me though, ya know?

I love Perfect Day.

thats not the Pacino movie where he plays an addict and falls in love? If so, i'll pass.. I love Pacino, but that movie was so borning.. if not, please.. tell me some about it.. will check thats ong out also.,.. I really like how it's just mellow and relaxed and his voice is just like... relax man.. it's gonna be ok... that song and movie, is the only thing that's ever made me wanna try heroin.. just couldnt put that spike in me though, ya know?

yeah the pacino movie about heroin. i understand what you mean in a sense about boring but...it nails the reality of junk y'know? Trainspotting is so stylised, its a kind of a lie almost, like Sid and Nancy, that whole redemption ending with the boisterous Lust for Life playing, tell you that it'll all be okay in the end, that aint the reality of Junk, junk is foul and Panic In Needle Park captures it, the silence of it, the garishness of it, the boredom of being in these empty rooms with people sucking their fucking souls into droppers man, that movie nails it for me. its like...how movies should be, its like reality, there are extended sections with like...silence in it, its really a moviemakers movie in that sense. it really capture new york too and not the glossy version. i even love the color of it, its so...real. and the desperation of it y'know how by the ending the girl is the one whoose the bad guy because she rolls over on him. the hustle is in there, the smarts, the lowlifes, all of it. Trainspotting is a very fashionable, very witty, very...stylised movie for the 90s with smooth Sick Boy and his discourses on James Bond and psycho Begbie and his mania and dopey Spud and the intelligent Renton who you imagine could have been anything but, as is the case with most junkies he drifted into junk for lack of a better more appealing option and Tommy with the HIV, its like...not realistic, its like someone trying to teach you a lesson y'know, very school-roomy, the AIDS lesson. dont get me wrong i love the movie but a lot of movies are hinged on their ending and in this one Renton's walking off into the sunset with a future in his swimming mind but its not always like that. in fact its rarely fucking ever like that with junk. if ever at all. Panic In Needle Park ends with him coming out of jail, having had her fuck up his life and walk past...ignoring her and her following...and after a while him letting her catch up, after all she fucking did to him they're still there. in needle park, waiting to die, thats fucking real man. like i always said i dont to be lied to and i believe the junk movie with truth is Needle Park. and the role reversal there is great because in the begginning he's the junkie with a view to becoming a pusher so HE'S the bad guy and gradually you got him onto the business angle and HER becoming the junkie that she's yelling at to shape up and when she gets to ratting on him then the roles are reversed, shows what junk does to you man. its the grittier darker more honest movie. i REALLY like it. i dunno if you seen it or just tried and got turned off, i had to watch it a couple of times for it to really sink in with me but i think it is great. i just knew that first time when i saw it, it was like "shit im watching something here".

another good junk song is Chinese Rocks by Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers but its nothing even close to being like Heroin or Perfect Day.

I love Perfect Day.

yeah the pacino movie about heroin. i understand what you mean in a sense about boring but...it nails the reality of junk y'know? Trainspotting is so stylised, its a kind of a lie almost, like Sid and Nancy, that whole redemption ending with the boisterous Lust for Life playing, tell you that it'll all be okay in the end, that aint the reality of Junk, junk is foul and Panic In Needle Park captures it, the silence of it, the garishness of it, the boredom of being in these empty rooms with people sucking their fucking souls into droppers man, that movie nails it for me. its like...how movies should be, its like reality, there are extended sections with like...silence in it, its really a moviemakers movie in that sense. it really capture new york too and not the glossy version. i even love the color of it, its so...real. and the desperation of it y'know how by the ending the girl is the one whoose the bad guy because she rolls over on him. the hustle is in there, the smarts, the lowlifes, all of it. Trainspotting is a very fashionable, very witty, very...stylised movie for the 90s with smooth Sick Boy and his discourses on James Bond and psycho Begbie and his mania and dopey Spud and the intelligent Renton who you imagine could have been anything but, as is the case with most junkies he drifted into junk for lack of a better more appealing option and Tommy with the HIV, its like...not realistic, its like someone trying to teach you a lesson y'know, very school-roomy, the AIDS lesson. dont get me wrong i love the movie but a lot of movies are hinged on their ending and in this one Renton's walking off into the sunset with a future in his swimming mind but its not always like that. in fact its rarely fucking ever like that with junk. if ever at all. Panic In Needle Park ends with him coming out of jail, having had her fuck up his life and walk past...ignoring her and her following...and after a while him letting her catch up, after all she fucking did to him they're still there. in needle park, waiting to die, thats fucking real man. like i always said i dont to be lied to and i believe the junk movie with truth is Needle Park. and the role reversal there is great because in the begginning he's the junkie with a view to becoming a pusher so HE'S the bad guy and gradually you got him onto the business angle and HER becoming the junkie that she's yelling at to shape up and when she gets to ratting on him then the roles are reversed, shows what junk does to you man. its the grittier darker more honest movie. i REALLY like it. i dunno if you seen it or just tried and got turned off, i had to watch it a couple of times for it to really sink in with me but i think it is great. i just knew that first time when i saw it, it was like "shit im watching something here".

another good junk song is Chinese Rocks by Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers but its nothing even close to being like Heroin or Perfect Day.

I'll check it out.. for the simple fact that you typed that much about it, I will go buy this movie first chance I get and watch it. I never done junk, so I cant, y'know, relate to it.. but I have seen the affects as i'm sure you know, and I've seen who these people are and become and what they can be.. so on a serious note.. i'mma check it out.. cause when I wtached trainspotting.. it made wanna go out and do it... y'know, yeah.. I wanna be Renton.. but I wanna be sickboy too, y'know? Thats not what I should feel, y'know... I should feel like.. ok, so maybe junk isn't so great.. so I see what you mean... and i'll check out that song too... and let u know what I think of the movie as soon as I see it.

Does anybody know any other songs that are like perfect day by lou reed? I don;t care who it's by, but that sound is perfect.. or that song, asleep by the smiths, something like those two..

Satalite Of Love by the same man, same album has a similar feel and sound. Try Life on Mars by Bowie also

will do SLG.. preciate it... I think i'mma just get a bunch of Lou Reed.. I kinda like thatrelaxed, mellowness to his voice.. like whatever man.. you cant fuck up my vibe.. dont even know why'd ya'd wanna man... but i've only heard just a few things from him.. perfect day, take a walk on the wild side.. but I figure if he does heroin, he's gonna talk and prolly sing relaxed and cool like that..

will do SLG.. preciate it... I think i'mma just get a bunch of Lou Reed.. I kinda like thatrelaxed, mellowness to his voice.. like whatever man.. you cant fuck up my vibe.. dont even know why'd ya'd wanna man... but i've only heard just a few things from him.. perfect day, take a walk on the wild side.. but I figure if he does heroin, he's gonna talk and prolly sing relaxed and cool like that..

Do you just want songs about drugs?!?!

Try I'm Waiting for the Man by the Velvets. It's about Lou Reed waiting for his herion dealer. Also get the song Herion.

Get Sad Song of his Berlin album. It's my favourite song off that album.

Satellite of Love is a good choice, too.

Edited by renthispace

Try I'm Waiting for the Man by the Velvets. It's about Lou Reed waiting for his herion dealer. Also get the song Herion.

I don;tcare what it's about... I just want that soft, mellow, relaxing sound of perfect day.. and his voice, from what i've heard, is always got that mellow-ness to it..

I don;tcare what it's about... I just want that soft, mellow, relaxing sound of perfect day.. and his voice, from what i've heard, is always got that mellow-ness to it..

Yeah, it does. Sad Song isn't about drugs, I think you should listen to it. You might like it.