a couple tunes i wrote

i suck at naming songs was pretty good, they sounded like van halen style guitar riffs or something. untitled was good aswell. the solo in untitled sounded really great and long, it was weird hearing f*** u in a ballad sort of song lol. was there a solo in i suck at naming songs? i cant remember hearing one, u should put one in if there isnt one.

bad production. also look into a new singer, vocals are very poor. also in untitled, don't say "fuck you" - does not work in a ballad. also, the lead is just random weak shredding. try doing something more melodic. play slower at the beginning and build. also goes out of key a lot.

bad production. also look into a new singer, vocals are very poor. also in untitled, don't say "fuck you" - does not work in a ballad. also, the lead is just random weak shredding. try doing something more melodic. play slower at the beginning and build. also goes out of key a lot.

Co-signed.

Vocals sounded like the singer had a tight throat (not good) - had a very poser sound, like he was trying too hard to sound that way instead of just slamming the song with his real voice. The "fuck you" parts definately did not work. It didn't fit and sounded like lazy lyric writing. There are far better words/phrases to describe pain/anguish/sorrow/anger.

Impressive chops with the solo, but as above, it could have used some structure. A build up and climax would have worked well there. Also, the flange came on a bit too strong in parts.

Aside from that, I really liked the verse guitar...actually aside from the above comments I like pretty much everything else (sans the production).

As for I Suck At Naming Songs:

There seems to be too much happening in the drums. The vocalist needs to do some serious work (get lessons). The riff was pretty good but got drowned out by the other crap. Definately the weaker song of the two...

No offense, but the pattern I'm noticing here is that your playing is good but your singer isn't of the same calibre. Those vocals are just going to hold you back, may be a good time for a band change maybe??