Powderfinger - Vulture Street

pain cake

I've had this album about 2 weeks and have been slowly digesting it, and WOW, talk about an infectious album! From their smash hits of (baby I've got you) on my mind and sunsets, to the grooves of Love Your Way, Stumblin' and even the poorly lyriced opener of "rockin' rocks" are all incredibly catchy. The album does not cease to amaze how much soul 5 white guys from suburbian australia can produce. The boring solos can be forgiven for Bernard Fanning is at his peak, bringing the lyrics and the voice for truly one of the best albums of the 00's.

Anyone else have it? Please give your thoughts :xmasssanta:

Edited by pain cake

'Sunsets' is by far Powderfinger's greatest song imo. Very catchy and awesome clip as well. What's the status with their new album?

The new single "Lost and Running" sounds pretty crap to me, like they've lost it, its way too bland for my likings

I've had this album about 2 weeks and have been slowly digesting it, and WOW, talk about an infectious album! From their smash hits of (baby I've got you) on my mind and sunsets, to the grooves of Love Your Way, Stumblin' and even the poorly lyriced opener of "rockin' rocks" are all incredibly catchy. The album does not cease to amaze how much soul 5 white guys from suburbian australia can produce. The boring solos can be forgiven for Bernard Fanning is at his peak, bringing the lyrics and the voice for truly one of the best albums of the 00's.

Anyone else have it? Please give your thoughts :xmasssanta:

i have it, it's a good album, good band, brissie boys, sunsets is powderfingers best song in my books, awesome song.

• 3 months later...

Thought I'd dig up this old topic seeing as I dug up this old album :xmassrudolph:...

This album is killer, just like pain cake said...full of soul is exactly what I'd say about it. It's a pretty knockout sequence of songs with Rockin' Rocks, Since You've Been Gone, Love Your Way and Sunsets. Although all of the tracks on it are pretty solid (apart from perhaps Roll Right By You and Pockets). I'd disagree about the boring solos though :lol: I dig them; pretty sweet sound.

Really good album, I was pretty surprised when I listened to it again a few days ago...and have only been going between listening to it and N.W.A for the last 2 days :lol:.

Good ol' Brissy boys.

Edited by FunkyMonk

Thought I'd dig up this old topic seeing as I dug up this old album :xmassrudolph:...

This album is killer, just like pain cake said...full of soul is exactly what I'd say about it. It's a pretty knockout sequence of songs with Rockin' Rocks, Since You've Been Gone, Love Your Way and Sunsets. Although all of the tracks on it are pretty solid (apart from perhaps Roll Right By You and Pockets). I'd disagree about the boring solos though :lol: I dig them; pretty sweet sound.

Those 2 deffinately had to grow on me... Don't Panic and A Song Called Everything are the only 2 I'd say I don't like