Outkast Appreciation Thread

swlabr

Like ODS said in a post somewhere, "one of the most inventive groups of this decade." They are just great. They are truly a versatile group. Andre 3000 is actually making music for some kids show on Cartoon Network. Big Boi is doing his acting and still making good music. I really don't dig his new kind of "crunk" twist he added. Old Outkast is the shit though. I also want to annoy Chris Axl :lol: One dimensional Hair Metal is WAY better than diverse music, really :rolleyes:

Outkast are great, deffinately one of the greatest hip hop acts ever, Andre 3000 is a true visionary. Their songs are so ernest, singing about real issues and sometimes just plain out kooky shit :lol: They're not out to hurt anyone or talk about how many bitches and how much cash they have

My baby don't mess around

Because she loves me so

And this I know for shooo..

Uh, But does she really wanna

But can't stand to see me

Walk out the dooor..

Don't try to fight the feelin'

Because the thought alone is killing me right nooww..

Uh, thank god for mom and dad

For sticking two together

'Cause we don't know hooowww...

UH!

That song makes me dance.

And I can't dance. :wub:

My baby don't mess around

Because she loves me so

And this I know for shooo..

Uh, But does she really wanna

But can't stand to see me

Walk out the dooor..

Don't try to fight the feelin'

Because the thought alone is killing me right nooww..

Uh, thank god for mom and dad

For sticking two together

'Cause we don't know hooowww...

UH!

That song makes me dance.

And I can't dance. :wub:

I think that song was on the radio forever.

hip hop? outkast? :vomit:

Just dismissing a group because of their music is not justified dude

But a lot of people (I know) do that to country music.

I don't judge anything until I hear it, I used to, but actually it was after I heard outkast I became more open minded.

Just dismissing a group because of their music is not justified dude

But a lot of people (I know) do that to country music.

I don't judge anything until I hear it, I used to, but actually it was after I heard outkast I became more open minded.

I kinda listen to everything.

I like outkast because there are like experimental hip hop.

y'know what? i dont see it..

well to me most hip hop is always the same, while I can see differences in the songs, rather than the same song being close to what the last one sounded like.

I mean it really just depends on what type of music you like.

Outkast are brilliant. Speakerboxxx/The Love Below is an amazing album.

You're dismissing a group just because they fall into a certain genre? Outkast arent like a lot of the other crap in the hip hop genre. They infuse a lot of styles together. Speakerboxxx/The Love Below being a perfect example. Both records sound totally different, but they're both astounding.

They're true innovators-one of the rew mainstream Hip Hop bands that are trying to push the boundaries of what the genre is.

Did anyone get Andre 3000's solo cd yet? If so how is it?

From the 1993 classic Southernplayalisticadillacmusik to Idlewild, OutKast have never ever failed to deliver.

One of my favorite artists ever since Ms. Jackson came out. Always thought hip hop was quite dull, then I invented 'Kast.

Shit, I could praise these guys forever :lol:

Favorite records? Songs? I think Stankonia is my favorite, followed by ATLiens. Don't know about favorite songs though, but now it's probably Prototype.

You're dismissing a group just because they fall into a certain genre? Outkast arent like a lot of the other crap in the hip hop genre. They infuse a lot of styles together. Speakerboxxx/The Love Below being a perfect example. Both records sound totally different, but they're both astounding.

no im not i've actually heard outkast and i dont like it one single bit and i hate hip-hop too

no im not i've actually heard outkast and i dont like it one single bit and i hate hip-hop too

Dude, you missed the point. They aren't like other hip hop artists, they really mix styles. It's jazz, blues and rock too.. Funk... For example, the track "A Bad Note" from Idlewild is basically a 9minute guitar solo :P

Dude, you missed the point. They aren't like other hip hop artists, they really mix styles. It's jazz, blues and rock too.. Funk... For example, the track "A Bad Note" from Idlewild is basically a 9minute guitar solo :P

It's a damn shame the Idlewild soundtrack didn't do that well, because it is a great record. People need to listen to their entire albums-they are not a band that can be judged on their singles alone since they are so eclectic in their musical tastes. Andre doesn't get credit for his guitar playing nearly enough-you're right about "A Bad Note"-I hear Hendrix AND Funkedelic to name a few influences on that, but it's not a rip off. These guys are all-around musicians-they're not just rapping about bitches and hos over a lame looped sample like most mainstream hip-hop. That type of stuff doesn't qualify as songwriting to me, but Outkast are actually composing music.

I never got to see the iddlewood movie was it any good?

The music is good, but it didn't work as a movie as far as writing, acting, etc. I would rent it just for the music though if you're a hardcore fan.