Would you say i'v got a bargain here

i won a bid today on ebay for £10.51, which consists off AFD the banned vinyl, gnr lies with the banned inner sleeve vinyl, and 12 inch paradise city

is that reasonable?

Do you know if the "LIES" record has the cencored sleeve or the uncencored cover?

A funny thing about the banned AFD cover is that it's much easier to find the banned one than the cencored one with the skulls and cross. I wonder how many copies they put out of the banned one, probably more than for the concored one.

Edited by Lukinx

i won a bid today on ebay for £10.51, which consists off AFD the banned vinyl, gnr lies with the banned inner sleeve vinyl, and 12 inch paradise city

is that reasonable?

Do you know if the "LIES" record has the cencored sleeve or the uncencored cover?

A funny thing about the banned AFD cover is that it's much easier to find the banned one than the cencored one with the skulls and cross. I wonder how many copies they put out of the banned one, probably more than for the concored one.

They rereleased the banned rape cover

you can tell the differences

but either way the dude got a good deal at that price

is that reasonable?

erm to my knoledge it just said banned inner sleeve

VERY reasonable ! Are they all good condition ?

i hope so lol

Well what did the seller advertise them as ?

VERY RARE / COLLECTORS ITEMS

GUNS N’ ROSES - APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION. RARE BANNED SLEEVE.(1987)

Catalogue Number UK:WX 125.

You are biding on a rare first edition of Guns N’ Roses mega selling debut released in 1987, “Appetite for Destruction“…a real opportunity to get hold of a piece of history.

The album underwent an artwork change after the original Robert Williams cover design (a surrealist scene in which a dagger-toothed monster is vengefully attacking a robot rapist) spawned complaints from religious groups and caused some record stores to brown bag, obscure, or refuse to sell the album. Since then - this edition has become very scarce and highly sought after. MTV refused to play any Guns N' Roses videos because of the album's original cover. The band compromised and put the original cover art inside, replacing it with a cover depicting the skulls of the five band members arranged on a cross (W Axl Rose has this design tattooed his right forearm) but compromise was not good enough for MTV, and the network continued the video ban. Finally, David Geffen then-president of Geffen Records called MTV and begged them to play the “Welcome To The Jungle” video. MTV agreed to play it once, at 2 o'clock in the morning. The song became MTV's No1 most requested song in 24 hours.

The album is among the best selling albums in history with 20 million copies being sold to date. However, one year after it was released in 1987, the album had sold only 500,000 copies, so to get an early copy makes it even more sought after. Almost 20 years after its realease, 9 tracks from this album (thats 75% of them!!!!) feature in the live set to this day.

This album features the classic line up of W Axl Rose (all lead vocals, backing vocals, synth and percussion) Izzy Stradlin (rhythm, lead guitars, backing vocals and percussion), Duff “Rose” McKagan (bass guitar and backing vocals), Slash (lead rhythm and acoustic guitars) & Steven Adler (drums).

This is album features 53 minutes of classic Guns N’ Roses spawning hit singles “Sweet Child O’Mine“, “Welcome To The Jungle” and “Paradise City“.Full Track Listing: -

Welcome To The Jungle/It’s So Easy/Nightrain/Out Ta Get Me/Mr. Brownstone/Paradise City/My Michelle/Think About You/Sweet Child O’Mine/You’re Crazy/Anything Goes/Rocket Queen

The inner and outer sleeves are in prestine condition and there are no scratches on the vinyl.

GUNS n ROSES - Lies - Vinyl LP - Banned Inner Sleeve (Rare - Collectors Item)

Catalogue Number 924 198-1

This Lp album from geffen records consists of the following tracks:-

1. Reckless Life

2. Nice Boys

3. Move To The City

4. Mama Kin

5. Patience

6. Used To Love Her

7. Youre Crazy

8. One In A Million

This vinyl album contains the notorious banned inner sleeve (Newspaper print), from 1988, both the inner and outer sleeve are in mint condition and the record has no scratches or marks on.

Guns N'Roses - Paradise City 1989 Vinyl 12"

This 12" album consists of the following tracks:-

Tracks 1 Paradise City

2 Used to love her

3 Anything goes

Both the inner and outer sleeve are in mint condition and the record has no scratches or marks on.

Please feel free to e-mail any questions or for postage prices worldwide.

Bid with confidence as you can see from my 100% feedback.

HAPPY BIDDING ;0)

is that reasonable?

erm to my knoledge it just said banned inner sleeve

Well wasn't the inner sleeve only banned on the CD issues? And removed completely on the cheap reissues of the vinyl (which had no innersleeve at all and just a thin paper slipcase for the vinyl)? He should e-mail and ask if the album sleeve is cencored or if the "Wife beating has been around..." is still on there :)