Jerry Cantrell

Doghan

Wow, just picked this album up a few days ago and I wasn't expecting it to be this awesome. I usually dont like double albums this much as there is usually a lot of filler but the entire album is very strong. Any cool info about the album is much appreciated.

Fav tracks at the moment: Anger Rising, Locked On, Owned, Angel Eyes.

btw, I saw that Slash thanked Jerry in the Libertad booklet. From what I could tell Jerry wasthe only musician Slash thanked. Did he help Slash or they just really good buds? If they are good buds, Slash should have asked him to play in VR

Wow, just picked this album up a few days ago and I wasn't expecting it to be this awesome. I usually dont like double albums this much as there is usually a lot of filler but the entire album is very strong. Any cool info about the album is much appreciated.

Fav tracks at the moment: Anger Rising, Locked On, Owned, Angel Eyes.

btw, I saw that Slash thanked Jerry in the Libertad booklet. From what I could tell Jerry wasthe only musician Slash thanked. Did he help Slash or they just really good buds? If they are good buds, Slash should have asked him to play in VR

I think Cantrell is too damn good to play alongside any lead guitarist - that's not a knock on my man Slash either

Cantrell is a talented beast - great songwriter, etc. He probably needs to be the main man in a band rather than a part

Edited by DCGNR

That'd be pretty cool, actually. Though I don't think he's the right sort of vocalist for a band like VR, and there would be conflict with two lead guitarists in the same band.

Actually, now that I think about it, Axl really should have given Jerry a call about joining GnR in the late 90's. That would have been sweet.

Or Jerry could just form a supergroup with Chris Cornell right now. Imagine the harmonies. Poach Matt Cameron from Pearl Jam to play drums, too.

I'm such an ideas man.

Anyway, I've only got Boggy Depot, but I love it. I've had 'Degradation Trip' on my to-do list for ages.