Chinese Democracy vs. Detox

tat2d1

Which album will have more impact in the music industry?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

First of all, i do not follow rap music, so i know very little about Dre's project. A friend of mine who is into all that stuff was telling me that he's been waiting for this new Dre album for almost as long as I've been waiting for CD. He told me that all kinds of producers and other rappers have claimed to have worked on this Detox album that's been in the works since 2000, and that Dre is just trying to perfect it before he'll release it. He also told me that earlier this year Dre promised an 07 release ( sound familiar?).

Well, the more i got to thinking about it, i realized that there are quite a few similarities going on with Dre's and Axl's projects. Numerous producers,collaborators,musicians. The fact that both albums have seemed to reach mythical proportions. The fact that both say the album is on its way and then.............nothing.

So, which album do you think will have more of an impact if/when ever released?

Sorry if this is a stupid topic, but i hadn't seen it discussed here before.

Detox, it'll come out quicker (and that reflects on axl really, considering Dre released the chronic in 92 and his 2nd album in 99, he's the axl of hip hop) it'll be more commercially viable (i.e. good to dance to, appeal to young kids who think they're hardass like me *i think, not am*) and is just more contemporary, short if it being as cruddy as Dres the aftermath presents album, its a win-win shot for dre and he takes relatively less time than axl. i follow hip hop religiously, he needs to get my man Em' on there and then see!!! :):):)

Edited by ffrankwhite

Detox, it'll come out quicker (and that reflects on axl really, considering Dre released the chronic in 92 and his 2nd album in 99, he's the axl of hip hop) it'll be more commercially viable (i.e. good to dance to, appeal to young kids who think they're hardass like me *i think, not am*) and is just more contemporary, short if it being as cruddy as Dres the aftermath presents album, its a win-win shot for dre and he takes relatively less time than axl. i follow hip hop religiously, he needs to get my man Em' on there and then see!!! :):):)

I voted for Detox... only because my countdown clock for C.D. has the Infinity symbol on it.

Detox will have the ability to hit the black market as well as the white suburban market. There's more wiggers for Dre to sell records to than there is Blaucasions or Blackas for Axl to sell records to. As for myself, I'll be buying "Detox" for my wigger side and "Chinese Democracy" for my cock rocking side.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Detox will have the ability to hit the black market as well as the white suburban market. There's more wiggers for Dre to sell records to than there is Blaucasions for Axl to sell records to. As for myself I'll be buying detox for my wigger side and "Chinese Democracy" for my cock rocking side.

100% agreed although im black so some of the terminology is reversed :lol: uncle tom buys Chi Dem, Negro buys detox perhaps? :rolleyes:

Edited by ffrankwhite

Im surprised I didnt find this thread in the GNR Section... "Is it possible Axl is delaying CD because of Dr. Dre's new album?"..... :rolleyes:

Well, I think both albums have the potential to make a great impact in their own genres. Both Axl and Dre are very talented and definitely know what it takes.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Dont know who does detox or what it was called but since CD doesn't seems to come I guess it's pretty obvious that the other will have bigger impact

Dont know who does detox or what it was called but since CD doesn't seems to come I guess it's pretty obvious that the other will have bigger impact

Dr Dre dude, from NWA who went on to bless us with Snoop Doggy Dogg, Eminem while releasing two classic albums The Chronic & 2001 and producing the best hip hop tracks for 20 years.