Lack of Slash or Matt commenting on Duff playing with Axl

Vincent Vega

Is it just me or is it odd that neither Slash nor Matt (as far as I know) have commented on Duff playing with Axl?

I mean no one's asked them about it, but still....There's been an odd stillness on the VR/Slash/Matt and Izzy side of things....

Edited by Indigo Child

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd that Slash or Matt haven't commented on Duff playing with Axl....

I think Duff commenting on it is enough. He's his own man/musician and playing a one off gig with his old singer shouldn't/isn't that big of a deal. I think Slash and Matt know and respect him well enough to realize that.

Matt did make a comment on twitter about the jam with Duff and the band sounding great. Slash has been on vacation. Maybe when he does his Letterman and Fallon appearances this week someone will ask him about Duff and Axl.

Did Slash, Duff, Matt or Steven made a comment about all the Izzy concerts?

That was different. Izzy wasn't in their ''camp.''

Duff has been pretty much on the same side of the fence as Slash and Matt for the last decade or so.

Izzy's been generally not really tied with either side, so it's kind of different. He's never really committed to either.

However, Duff's been in a band with Slash and Matt for the better part of a decade, so the relationships are a bit different there.

Duff has been pretty much on the same side of the fence as Slash and Matt for the last decade or so.

Izzy's been generally not really tied with either side, so it's kind of different. He's never really committed to either.

However, Duff's been in a band with Slash and Matt for the better part of a decade, so the relationships are a bit different there.

You're right. But look, that wasn't something they planned. They just "found" each other, what else could Axl do "YOU! You have been playing with the cancer for decades now, GET OUT OF MY WAY".

Or Slash calling Duff the next day "Thanks for playing with the fatty, idiot."

I'm sure Slash understands Axl's problem is with him, and not with Duff. He can'task anyone to act the way he wants with anyone. I'm sure Slash only thought "That's very cool!", and probably thought "Axl still kick ass! The band looks amazing" and I think he thougt "I wish I was there!!!!!!!!"

You're right. But look, that wasn't something they planned. They just "found" each other, what else could Axl do "YOU! You have been playing with the cancer for decades now, GET OUT OF MY WAY".

Or Slash calling Duff the next day "Thanks for playing with the fatty, idiot."

I'm sure Slash understands Axl's problem is with him, and not with Duff. He can'task anyone to act the way he wants with anyone. I'm sure Slash only thought "That's very cool!", and probably thought "Axl still kick ass! The band looks amazing" and I think he thougt "I wish I was there!!!!!!!!"

Axl if he had wanted could definitely have refused to play with Duff. The fact that just in 2008 when he visited here he said that Slash AND Duff had ''kicked (him) while he was down" and went from that point of view to actually playing with Duff in just two years says a lot. I mean in 2000 he refused to even talk to any of the old members, saying in a 2000 interview with Rolling Stone magazine that talking to any of the alumni wouldn't be ''healthy for (him)".

So, these are strides being made on Axl's part. I'd say that for him, they're pretty big strides. Slow, but big.

Since it was such an accidental thing, and since Duff (who joined with Slash in at least two lawsuits against Axl) joined Axl on stage willingly, that had to have Slash thinking SOMETHING. It's a very odd, but awesome situation.

Indigo Child, you couldn't be more wrong. Axl said on the chats that he could do with no problem something with Duff, and play together. As they did. But not Slash. Slash is a cancer.

Yeah but if he was born one day later he would've been a Leo

Indigo Child, you couldn't be more wrong. Axl said on the chats that he could do with no problem something with Duff, and play together. As they did. But not Slash. Slash is a cancer.

Yeah but if he was born one day later he would've been a Leo

:respect:

Relationship between the two can't be as bad as people think.. I'm sure Axl didn't mean it when he called Slash a cancer. We all say nasty things sometime when we are mad

Edited by shakamaker

Axl sent Slash a sympothy card when Slash's mother died last year. Relationship between the two can't be as bad as people think..

?

You know this how?

Axl sent Slash a sympothy card when Slash's mother died last year. Relationship between the two can't be as bad as people think..

?

You know this how?

Slash will reveal all on Letterman

?

You know this how?

Slash will reveal all on Letterman

ShiftyEyesfast.gif

Dog with the shifty eyes is on to you

After the show in London, Matt wrote on his twitter: "My twitter is lighting up since @Duffmckagan64 jammed with Axl.Sounded pretty damn good"

and, I think it's ok and enough as a comment.

Edited by Nata

i wonder if slash turned up drunk at duffs house to see if Axl mentioned his name at all

Slash: 'so duff, did Axl say anything about me? '

Duff: 'nah man i was only on stage for a few songs and we just grabbed some dinner afterwards'

slash: ' did he say anything about me at dinner ,did he at least refer to me as cancer cmon, i need to get back into gnr'

lol

i wonder if slash turned up drunk at duffs house to see if Axl mentioned his name at all

Duff: 'nah man i was only on stage for a few songs and we just grabbed some dinner afterwards'

slash: ' did he say anything about me at dinner ,did he at least refer to me as cancer cmon, i need to get back into gnr'

lol

:no:

not cool bro

lol

Grow up