worst song ever ???

fred_carston

Music is all subjective, of course.

I 100% disagree with you about Queen. They were soooo good.

But 100% agree with you about Bruce.

I admire and respect the guy's career, that he has put out a lot of music, that his shows almost always get great reviews, and that he doesn't just play the same old songs like Axl does. But in terms of enjoying his actual music? I don't get it. Boring, boring, boring. Imo, extremely overrated. I'll take John Fogerty over Bruce every day of the week.

Queen entire discography belongs here..Bruce Springsteen too.

Music is all subjective, of course.

I 100% disagree with you about Queen. They were soooo good.

But 100% agree with you about Bruce.

I admire and respect the guy's career, that he has put out a lot of music, that his shows almost always get great reviews, and that he doesn't just play the same old songs like Axl does. But in terms of enjoying his actual music? I don't get it. Boring, boring, boring. Imo, extremely overrated. I'll take John Fogerty over Bruce every day of the week.

Queen entire discography belongs here..Bruce Springsteen too.

Ok, I respect people who don't like Springsteen or think he is boring (I thought he was boring too until I saw him on a stage), but I don't think any of his songs can't be considered "worst song ever". La Macarena would be a good option. Springsteen no.

Edit: Assholes, all of you. :max:

Edited by izzygirl

Springsteen is a very good songwriter, at his best he is one of the best... I have admired his talent for a long time, that's why it hurts when he writes substandard stuff like a lot of what is on his last three albums and he needs to be called up on it. I think he's gotten a bit slack since that Seeger album.

Springsteen is a very good songwriter, at his best he is one of the best... I have admired his talent for a long time, that's why it hurts when he writes substandard stuff like a lot of what is on his last three albums and he needs to be called up on it. I think he's gotten a bit slack since that Seeger album.

I don't know if I'm unbiased talking about the Boss but I don't think it's that bad. Death to my hometown, for example, is a really really good song. Better than most of the stuff out there nowadays.

On topic: Another bad song is Barbie Girl, for example.

Edited by izzygirl

Guest Len B'stard

I don't know if I'm unbiased talking about the Boss but I don't think it's that bad. Death to my hometown, for example, is a really really good song. Better than most of the stuff out there nowadays.

On topic: Another bad song is Barbie Girl, for example.

Barbie Girl i like much better than anything i've heard by Springsteen, as a song its painful but at least its got some kind of satirical wit to it.

Springsteens just a boring post-beat blue collar stereotype.

Edited by sugaraylen

Barbie Girl i like much better than anything i've heard by Springsteen, as a song its painful but at least its got some kind of satirical wit to it.

Yeah, I got it. Springsteen is the worst. Sit down.

Another "eww" song: Jennifer Lopez & Pitbull - On the floor

I want to punish Bruce when he does crap stuff so that he feels the fan pain voiced and doesn't do it again!

ZOMG! There is more wit (satirical and otherwise) in the first song from his first album (for argument's sake) than most will ever have. I read some of your posts on the film thread... you need to at least check out Nebraska before coming to such a penetrating and insightful assesment because obviously you are just talking shit here and really have no clue what you are talking about.

I hate that Because I Got High song...

^ Wow. Good posts. Really good points in there and perfect recommendation. The first 2 albums are my soft spot for some reason.

Because I got High is sooo catchy (and bad), but it's the typical song you can't stop humming. :lol:

Edit: Hanson - Mmm...bop. Pretty bad too.

Edited by izzygirl

Bruce Springsteen is so damn overrated. Although I'll give him props for having massive long live shows full of deep cuts.

I used to think this when I really only knew his BITUSA songs. I still hate Glory Days. But honestly, he really isn't overrated. All of his pre-BITUSA albums are some of the best albums out there. I don't think many bands have an album as good as Born to Run. Hell, I don't even think there are many debuts as good as Greetings (outside of the obvious ones like Appetite and Boston). Nebraska is also a fantastic album that I feel like everyone should listen to. Even some of his later work is truly fantastic (The Rising and Magic).

Death To My Hometown is definitely the best song off the album. I don't it's that bad either. I quite like Jack of All Trades, We Take Care of Our Own, Rocky Ground, Land of Hope & Dreams, and the title track.

I will say that I think his lyrics from BITUSA on weren't that great. But he deserves all the credit he gets for his pre-BITUSA stuff. I actually like his BITUSA-Wrecking Ball material, but I'll be honest and say it might be a little overrated.

I want to punish Bruce when he does crap stuff so that he feels the fan pain voiced and doesn't do it again!

ZOMG! There is more wit (satirical and otherwise) in the first song from his first album (for argument's sake) than most will ever have. I read some of your posts on the film thread... you need to at least check out Nebraska before coming to such a penetrating and insightful assesment because obviously you are just talking shit here and really have no clue what you are talking about.

I hate that Because I Got High song...

Agreed. His whole debut album had such great lyrics. Lost in the Flood. :wub:

^ Wow. Good posts. Really good points in there and perfect recommendation. The first 2 albums are my soft spot for some reason.

Because I got High is sooo catchy (and bad), but it's the typical song you can't stop humming. :lol:

Edit: Hanson - Mmm...bop. Pretty bad too.

Mmmbop is amazing.

I'd nominate Red Solo Cup and We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together. Oh, and everything with the name Florida-Georgia Line attached to it.

:lol: It actually does sound like that. I think the title track from Taylor's Red is probably one of the worst songs ever. It makes Katy Perry's questionable lyrics* look genius.

* "Do you ever feel like a plastic bag?"

"Think I need a ginger ale, that was such an epic fail."

Not trying to hate on Taylor since I loved a lot of songs on her new album (All Too Well, Treacherous, The Lucky One :wub: ), but WANEGBT and Red are just awful.