A question for Marc

JoGer99

I didn't really have a fallout with Axl., I still keep my end of the friendship by defending him when needed. Yes he was upset with me be be because it took me 12 years to get my work out and by then he no longer supported it. I don't really understand why it has has gone on this long. That is why I asked for tickets. I was trying to show them that I still support axl and wanted to break the ice on this weird thing that had been going on way too long between us. I have bumped into Del at concerts but not in the last few years. I'm not one to give up on someone as a friend just because its taking them too long to figer out that I'm not a Enemy. I will always be there for Axl and at some point he will be ready to let go of the disappoint and then we could go back to the 2 way friendship that we had. It may take 10 more years or more but as long as it gets done before one of us die, that would still be ok.

Yes but he would have a lot to say to me first. Now, it is a lot more then just putting out the book. Every time I do an interview, there are most likely things that I say that he would probably disagree with. It could be something that I say that he takes the wrong way. So I think that he thinks that I keep saying things that somehow hurt him. Even though I have nice things to say about Axl, once I say something nice about Slash, it ruins anything I just said good about AXl. The bottom line is I don't think we could ever be real friends again until he lets go of the way he feels about Slash. Before I put out the book he knew that I was still good friends with Slash and it didn't hurt our friendship but I guess it was too much for him when I started promoting the work that I did that involved Slash. Its very complicated and there is nothing that I can do to change it.

I wish I could still advise Axl in things that come up in his live. One thing for sure now that I know a lot more about what really went wrong between Axl and Slash, I could help him understand that and then maybe he could get past all that anger that he still holds on to. I have said things in interviews that Axl has probably read that should have made some sense to what went wrong between them but that fact that nothing has changed says to me that he doesn't agree with what I have said but I would love to hear what he would have to say about my thoughts on what I think went wrong.

Edited by recklessroad

Yes but he would have a lot to say to me first. Now, it is a lot more then just putting out the book. Every time I do an interview, there are most likely things that I say that he would probably disagree with. It could be something that I say that he takes the wrong way. So I think that he thinks that I keep saying things that somehow hurt him. Even though I have nice things to say about Axl, once I say something nice about Slash, it ruins anything I just said good about AXl. The bottom line is I don't think we could ever be real friends again until he lets go of the way he feels about Slash. Before I put out the book he knew that I was still good friends with Slash and it didn't hurt our friendship but I guess it was too much for him when I started promoting the work that I did that involved Slash. Its very complicated and there is nothing that I can do to change it.

I wish I could still advise Axl in things that come up in his live. One thing for sure now that I know a lot more about what really went wrong between Axl and Slash, I could help him understand that and then maybe he could get past all that anger that he still holds on to. I have said things in interviews that Axl has probably read that should have made some sense to what went wrong between them but that fact that nothing has changed says to me that he doesn't agree with what I have said but I would love to hear what he would have to say about my thoughts on what I think went wrong.

Marc. Thank you for all your contributions... after reading all of your responses over the past couple of years... It really sounds like the people Axl surrounds himself intentionally pushed you out of his life... I have never met them. they might be sweet hearts , but it really looks that way.

They knew you had Axl's ear and did not want somebody like you in his life, thats why they did not communicate anything about the book to him. A part of me understands why Axl doesn't approve of the book, but for a guy who everybody claims is so loyal to the people close to him, I don't think he would cut you out like he has without them in his ear pushing it, even that story how they didn't return the money you had laid out for something...That's messed up.

Just my two cents from a far, The book is by far the best GNR book ever made. Thanks

Edited by JAEBALL

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't really have a fallout with Axl., I still keep my end of the friendship by defending him when needed. Yes he was upset with me be be because it took me 12 years to get my work out and by then he no longer supported it. I don't really understand why it has has gone on this long. That is why I asked for tickets. I was trying to show them that I still support axl and wanted to break the ice on this weird thing that had been going on way too long between us. I have bumped into Del at concerts but not in the last few years. I'm not one to give up on someone as a friend just because its taking them too long to figer out that I'm not a Enemy. I will always be there for Axl and at some point he will be ready to let go of the disappoint and then we could go back to the 2 way friendship that we had. It may take 10 more years or more but as long as it gets done before one of us die, that would still be ok.

So basically, you as a friend or old friend of Axl, do not have the freedom (like most of us mortals) of reaching out to Axl without intermediaries?

I mean, what fucked up system prevents you from grabbing a phone and typing Axl's number? Do they filter ALL of his calls? He doesn't manage his own email account, his private number, his social media accounts? It is all supervised, screened and filtered before getting to Axl?

If you say yes, I'm gonna puke.

Sorry.

• Like 1