Silverchair Vs Green Day

GnRmaniac

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

and this is coming from a Silverchair fan who doesn't like Nirvana!

To be quite honest, the only Silverchair that sounds remotely like Nirvana is the stuff off Frogstomp. Freakshow had signs of it -- But that was all gone by Neon Ballroom.

You can't tell me that Neon Ballroom and Diorama sound anything like Nirvana -- Because they really dont. :rolleyes:

As for me, Silverchair were the first band I ever liked, probably because they formed around here. While Green Day have been a much more successful band, and I don't listen to Silverchair all that much anymore -- I still prefer the music Silverchair make.

So, my vote is for Silverchair.

Plus, Green Day suck. :lol:

YES, thank you, you are one of the only intelligent people that posted in this topic. Green Day is pure shit.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be quite honest, the only Silverchair that sounds remotely like Nirvana is the stuff off Frogstomp. Freakshow had signs of it -- But that was all gone by Neon Ballroom.

You can't tell me that Neon Ballroom and Diorama sound anything like Nirvana -- Because they really dont. :rolleyes:

As for me, Silverchair were the first band I ever liked, probably because they formed around here. While Green Day have been a much more successful band, and I don't listen to Silverchair all that much anymore -- I still prefer the music Silverchair make.

Look, there is only one Nirvana but there is a ton of Silverchair's out there, sub standard shitty substitute bands who just have to follow suit. Excactly the same with Green Day and all the Good Charlotte's that came afterwards.

If it wasn't for Nirvana, there would be no Silverchair, that is the only problem when in a once in a blue moon type band comes along, you get all the shit afterwards, Bush is another one, cant stand that band, i'd rather eat my own ass than have to listen to bands like that.

And STILL no one has answered my question, so i ask for the THIRD time...

WHERE THE FUCK ARE SILVERCHAIR NOW?????!!!!!!

case closed.

Look, there is only one Nirvana but there is a ton of Silverchair's out there, sub standard shitty substitute bands who just have to follow suit. Excactly the same with Green Day and all the Good Charlotte's that came afterwards.

If it wasn't for Nirvana, there would be no Silverchair, that is the only problem when in a once in a blue moon type band comes along, you get all the shit afterwards, Bush is another one, cant stand that band, i'd rather eat my own ass than have to listen to bands like that.

case closed.

doesn't matter you bush, Green Day are fucking idiots and don't know shit about politics or how to make good music. NO ONE CARES TO ANSWER YOUR GODDAMN QUESTION SO SHUT THE FUCK UP. :fuckyou:

Er, what does "doesnt matter you bush" mean? :lol:

Am i winding you up, love, am i? :kiss:

Are you dyslexic? :unsure:

No one cares about greenday and everyone thinks they are stupid...is that why theyve sold about 8 million copies of their album?! :lol:rock4

Where is Silverchair now? I dont know. Green Day is at the peak because they're releasing very commercial songs -- Don't deny, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, pop for teens, no guy in my class DOESNT like that song, Wake Me Up When September Ends is the song that would sell a trillion copies in no time, and American Idiot is for punks obsessed with pissing up Bush.

Basket Case was cool though, but it has shitty lyrics. Anyway I havent heard Silverchair, and I would blast my head with a pole before voting for Green Day so NULL VOTE.

Green day are so losing this, bet they'd be well gutted if they knew  :lol:

I thought Green Day would have a slightly larger fanbase also.

Yeh, just a few million, dont think they're in here though! <_<

silverchair had a fucking huge fan base you idiot, they played in front of 110,000 people many times, massive in south america, australia, america ( back in the day), yes greenday has more fans now, not back in the day, silverchair were not trying to be another Nirvana or kurt, nirvana fucking suck!, anyway silverchair kicked ass, you all know it :D.and yes the living end kick ass too for whoever said that!.

Edited by aussie_axl

Just because Green Day are having more success then Silverchair doesn't make Green Day any less shittier then they are. So Green Day sells a lot more records, big deal. Britney Spears sells a lot of records, does that suddenly make her music better then an artist/band that doesn't sell as much or see as much success?

Silverchair can be kind of boring at times, but I'd take a bore-fest much better then a suck-fest (like American Idiot). Before the Green Day fans start forming a mob, I have to say that I have my reasons for hating Green Day.

1. I'm not a fan of their simplistic, shallow music.

2. I'm not a fan of their brand of left-wing garbage spewing out of American Idiot.

3. I'm not a fan of punk music (not that this has anything to do with Greenday because Green Day are a pop-punk/pop-rock band; I'm just saying it's a disadvantage to them considering punk is the genre they're trying to imitate).

4. I despise their "We're the only real rock n' roll band left" attitude they play off in interviews.

5. I'm generally not a fan of their brand of angst which is carefully marketed toward pre-teen/teen girls.

6. I don't know why, but I don't like dudes who wear eyeliner. Maybe it's just a thing I have...like my hatred/fear of clowns.

7. That scowl Billie Joe puts on...ugh...I just wanna smack the angst out of him.

Those are my reasons. They might not be good reasons and you probably think they're wrong reasons, but they're mine regardless. See? I sort of backed up my argument. :drevil:

Edited by Bloody_Roses

case closed.

Fantastic post. Spot on.

case closed.

Fantastic post. Spot on.

no it's not!, i like greenday too by the way, but silverchair had more talent.

Well -- Daniel Johns is doing some solo stuff, as well as a side project called The Dissociatives. They weren't sure whether they wanted to make a new album together, because Diorama was all Daniel, and the other two guys play a different style of music.

So -- They're calling it a 'break', until they feel like making music together again, which I feel will be soon.

Well -- Daniel Johns is doing some solo stuff, as well as a side project called The Dissociatives. They weren't sure whether they wanted to make a new album together, because Diorama was all Daniel, and the other two guys play a different style of music.

So -- They're calling it a 'break', until they feel like making music together again, which I feel will be soon.

and it's gonna be fucking good too, they played together this year didn't they ?

silverchair are the most pathetic of all the nirvana-wannabies as they are so blatant

their little girl singer is a total phoney who thinks he's kurt cobain. which is why silverchair are forgotten in a blink of the eye and nirvana will forever be legends.

don't even try and disagree. you will be fooling yourselves.

silverchair are the most pathetic of all the nirvana-wannabies as they are so blatant

their little girl singer is a total phoney who thinks he's kurt cobain. which is why silverchair are forgotten in a blink of the eye and nirvana will forever be legends.

don't even try and disagree. you will be fooling yourselves.

i know i'm right now, thanks for disagreeing.

Silverchair by far.

For that dick who thinks they copy Nirvana, that was like really briefly around the time of Frogstomp. NOTHING they did after that was anything like Nirvana.

Also, they have tried many new things, taken a gamble with Diorama (which i thought was pretty good), but Greenday have stuck to the same shit.

I recon their next album is gonna be awesome. I know ill get blasted for saying this, but Daniel Johns branched out a bit like Axl did, and likes to experiment with different types of music. but thankfully he has his side project, so he'll be more focused on the music Silverchair are famous for when he finishes :huh: . Anyway, theyll probably release an album within the next year or so, and we'll see how that goes.

I like a bit of Greenday stuff, but same old formula, i mean come on ........, at least Silverchair tried a variety of sounds.

It kinda annoyed me how Greenday dont know shit about politics, and jumped on the bandwagon, to sell a truckload more records. As they know theyll sell, because of all the buzz of elections and everything.

I digress, im predicting the Chair will be back with a rocking record, and you all should check it out