favourite floyd album?

whats your favourite pink floyd album?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He's a pretentious prick. No matter how elitist he acts, he's still a fucking idiot.

:kiss:

Seriously dude, you have issues... :rolleyes:

Username, don't you know that you aren't allowed to like Dark Side of the Moon if you are a moderate or big Floyd fan? It's simply not allowed!

:lol:

I'm just curious, but why do you think Animals is better than Wish You Were Here?

Lots of reasons.

The lyrics: Waters is truly bitter here, but has not yet reached his self-obsessed phase yet. They're biting, true to life, and vicious.

The music: Mason, always an underused weak link in the band, has his moment in the sun on this album. His heartbeat like patter really picks up the pace. Gilmour, who I've always considered to be rather overrated, offers his best solos ever in these songs. The bass (also Gilmour) is incredible. Wright's keyboard embellishments are superb.

The production: I find a lot of Floyd to be far too overproduced, and refulgent with stupid, "atmospheric" sound effects and samples (sometimes they work, sometimes they don't). The Animals production job is just right.

The concept: While not a concept album (or, rock opera) in the vein of The Wall, Animals has a superb concept - indeed, it's one of the only concepts I truly give a shit about.

The songs: Sod the opening and closing Pigs On The Wing (nice as they are), it's all about the main chunk of the album, which contains the three greatest Floyd tracks ever.

WYWH's lyrics are none too impressive, the music is wanky and self indulgent, the production is annoyingly plasticcy, and the songs are questionable. SOYCD parts 1-5 is superb, the rest of the album veers from the decent (title track) to repetetive shite (Have A Cigar, Welcome To The Machine). As for SOYCD parts 6-9? It's dull, and not a patch on the first 5 parts.

Oh, and it strikes me that DSOTM is getting so many votes because it's (along with The Wall) the only Floyd people know. It's a great album, but still.

I agree with just about everything you said here. Animals is my favorite as well. all the songs are amazing, I've been listening to Pink Floyd all the time lately. It was hard to choose between Animals, The Wall, and DSOTM. the wall and DSOTM are their most popular albums, but two of their best no matter how popular. animals however, kills all.