Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Did anyone here see the old GNR live??

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

Gallagher Rose

Gallagher Rose

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,641 posts
  • 17-July 03
I'm curious cuz most of the people here are young fans..I'm almost 26 and went to see them 3 times.
The first one was in 1991 (Rock in Rio 2),the second in december 1992..both here in Rio.The third one was Rock in rio 3,but that was the new band.

Edited by bucketheadisgod, 19 July 2005 - 10:40 AM.

Where's Axl?
He's here

"The thing about brothers, the thing between me and him, is ... he can bullshit to other people and they believe him and I can bullshit to other people, but we can't bullshit to each other because we've known each other for too long. Brothers are always competitive anyway. Aren't they?" Noel Gallagher

Slaughter

Slaughter

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • 25-May 04
thats kind of a stupid question...of course the answer is YES!!!
WITH YOUR BITCH SLAP RAPPIN' AND YOUR COCAIN TONGUE YOU GET NUTHIN' DONE!

Almost Famous

Almost Famous

One Half Of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.

• SILVER Supporter
  • 15,266 posts
  • 08-December 04
I didn't, but my Dad did quite a few times,
Here is just a list of the shows I know he was at for sure.

12.17.87 - Roy Wilkins Auditorium, St. Paul, MN
01.21.92 - Target Center, Minneapolis, MN?01.22.92 - Target Center, Minneapolis, MN
04.09.92 - Rosemont Horizon, Rosemont, IL?09.15.92 - Metrodome, Minneapolis, MN?03.20.93 - Carver-Hawkeye Arena, Iowa City, IA
03.21.93 - Fargo Dome, Fargo, ND

There is some more, but I'm not sure of the dates.

qq5e.jpg
12.02.2006 Target Center 11.13.2011 Target Center 11.15.2011 Allstate Arena 12.30.2011 The Joint 12.31.2011 The Joint
02.10.2012 Roseland Ballroom 02.12.2012 Terminal 5 02.15.2012 Ritz 02.16.2012 Hiro Ballroom 03.11.2012 The Wiltern 03.12.12 Sunset Strip House Of Blues
10.31.2012 The Joint 11.02.2012 The Joint 11.03.2012 The Joint 11.07.2012 The Joint 11.23.2012 The Joint 11.24.2012 The Joint 06.02.2013 Midland By AMC

...and all nine shows on No Trickery.

Ferrari

Ferrari

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts
  • 03-April 05
Two times in Basel (Switzerland) in 1992 and 93. I was 14.

And then 2 times nugnr Leeds and London.
Slash, Izzy, Axl, Duff and Steven are Guns N' Roses. And nobody else.

wob666

wob666

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • 09-July 05
i havent im only 13 *runs away and crys*

BrownRock

BrownRock

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts
  • 05-November 04

The first one was in 1991 (Rock in Rio 2)

You should realise how lucky you are to have attended such a great event.
If you have any good stories from the shows you should post your review of it in the past concerts section ;)

And on topic yeah of course I would of wanted to see them live if I was old enough at the time (I was only 5 or 6).

::BR::
<center>Posted Image
<font color=white>[b]
What did I do Today? Some people think I went and threw it away
But that was yesterday I can't remember much of that anyway
</font></center>

Sweetest_Child

Sweetest_Child

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • 19-November 03
my dad went to hamilton, ontario show in the early 90s i think, he said axl took a lighter off the head and walked off stage and said he wasnt coming back to hamilton again :(

the waves they get so high,Seems everything We've ever known's here, Why must it drift away and die..

August 15th

August 15th

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • 01-July 05

nugnr

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

please stop with this or i'm gonna have to take drastic action. :anger:
  • Drakestar and acidcock27 like this

Electric Tears

Electric Tears

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • 07-April 05

i havent im only 13 *runs away and crys*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

same
Posted Image

razmatazz

razmatazz

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • 23-February 04
Yup
I saw them in the early 90's in Saskatoon, Sk Canada
(I was over legal age)
"I contemplated letting go of that, but it doesn't feel right in any way. I am not the person who chose to try to kill it." Axl Rose

GOLDEN

GOLDEN

Senior

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • 27-May 05

nugnr

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wut u gna do poop?
graysox1

JEEP11

JEEP11

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • 13-April 05
Twice in 91-92.

And my sister saw their 1988 "Texas Jam" performance where they opened for INXS, were pissed, played like four songs and walked off stage. I think Axl mooned the crowd, can't remember exactly but not a high point for them.

I saw the first show after the St Loius riots, it was before Illusions came out. Skid Row played at 8:00, then a couple of hours rolled by, it got dark, fans started throwing stuff, chairs and so on. I turned to my friend and said "If they don't come out soon, there will be another riot tonight!" Just when I said that the lights went out, and the first notes of Jungle were played. Of course the place was so jacked up by that point, the place went berserk. Axl came out screaming in a bullet proof vest, it was awesome.

rock3

Also saw them with Metallica but the stadium show wasn't as good IMO. Too big and they were too far away. Could have seen them a third time but passed on it, now I wish I went since that was their last tour.
Things changed last year. But the beatings might commence again. Deal with it.

Gallagher Rose

Gallagher Rose

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,641 posts
  • 17-July 03

The first one was in 1991 (Rock in Rio 2)

You should realise how lucky you are to have attended such a great event.
If you have any good stories from the shows you should post your review of it in the past concerts section ;)

And on topic yeah of course I would of wanted to see them live if I was old enough at the time (I was only 5 or 6).

::BR::

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah..I went to the concert with my uncle cuz I was only 10..but it was immense,they were in top form!!Axl's voice was not that great,but he was a really great frontman and entertainer.The crowd went nuts sometimes...some of the people went to see Megadeth and Judas Priest and the atmosphere was more heavy metal that night.
I can't remember too much things..but Paradise City and SCOM were the best moments of the concert.
Where's Axl?
He's here

"The thing about brothers, the thing between me and him, is ... he can bullshit to other people and they believe him and I can bullshit to other people, but we can't bullshit to each other because we've known each other for too long. Brothers are always competitive anyway. Aren't they?" Noel Gallagher

Ferrari

Ferrari

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts
  • 03-April 05

nugnr

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnr
ugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrnugnrn
gnrnugnr :devil:

:lol:
Slash, Izzy, Axl, Duff and Steven are Guns N' Roses. And nobody else.

smith13

smith13

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • 08-May 05
twice once baton rouge la once new orleans la both shows rocked was going to see them at gulf coast in ms but they cancelled the tour for the new band had my tickets in hand i was pissed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users