What about Robin Finck

Manuel

It's been months since we heard something about Robin. Maybe he's doing some lead guitar parts done in the past by the guy with the bucket in the head...

The last thing we know about the guitar players is that Richard was gojing to be back in L.A. after the Nena tour... and now he's doing at least two more shows in March, but what about Robin?

And what about Axl? (ja!) He looks relaxed in the Korn party... I like it. When I got a lot of work to do, I love to lie in the sofa smoking cigars and having some sweet coffee.

The hardest working men in the world play in this band.

(Sorry, I'm fucking tired today... I've slept three hours... I need news, a single and the fucking album NOW!!!!!!!!! Ups, it's not possible. Ok. I'm going to take another nap for six months, wake me if there's some interesting news)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think hes the reason that the album is so delayed. I mean it must take about over 1000 takes for him too nail a riff

Come one....do you actually think that Axl would keep a member in the band if they couldn't get the sound right pretty much at once? Please.....ever thought about that Axl might be to MUCH of a perfectionist and thats why he isn't releasing the CD?

I would go off and say that Finck is the worst guitarist in the world among famaouse names. I mean if you havent seen or heard any live show from GNR during 01-02 beacuse he really fucks up alot and to call him a proffecional is not right. A pro must handle his instrument. If you don't agree with the fuck ups during the 02 tour then you don't play or know anything about music talent

I would go off and say that Finck is the worst guitarist in the world among famaouse names. I mean if you havent seen or heard any live show from GNR during 01-02 beacuse he really fucks up alot and to call him a proffecional is not right. A pro must handle his instrument. If you don't agree with the fuck ups during the 02 tour then you don't play or know anything about music talent

Mr.Sandman, kindly prove this with video evidence. I'd like to see this for myself if I may.

Mr.Sandman, kindly prove this with video evidence. I'd like to see this for myself if I may.

Finck sucks

There ya go, no pro should play like that. Awful...

He comes right after Bucket, youll notice when your ears start to bleed.

Finck's great

Non believers, check hob 2001 and rir 3

hell in boston 02, he overpowered axl's vocals coming back from "rocket queen"'s first solo

plus the big daddy recording of scom,

and with bucket gone, i think finck's taken a step up, realized how to improve his solos more

sieze the intiative, so to speak, cause when fink dosen't have bucket to rely on, he's great (i.e. sossego) with great feeling (bluesy irs solo)

so,either he's gotten LOADS better

or he's completely distanced himself from gnr, and sucks, which his site makes you believe.....

Finck sucks

There ya go, no pro should play like that. Awful...

He comes right after Bucket, youll notice when your ears start to bleed.

Er, most of that is Bucket, and I don't see what is wrong with either of those solos.

I don't really call that proof, if you have one where he legitimately screws up in video (I heard he screwed up The Blues solo once, playing the solo too high, although I cannot substansiate this as I have never seen it), then I'll reconsider, until then, you don't have good enough proof.

Nothing wrong with Bucket over there. Finck doesn't really screw up there, but that doesn't mean hes playing good. If you can't tell the difference of a good solo and a horrible solo, I suggest you end the arguing now. Unless you actually liked that shit, wich I doubt anyone could.

Nothing wrong with Bucket over there. Finck doesn't really screw up there, but that doesn't mean hes playing good. If you can't tell the difference of a good solo and a horrible solo, I suggest you end the arguing now. Unless you actually liked that shit, wich I doubt anyone could.

I understand that it's not a great solo, but the thing is, that is filler. It's not part of a song, it's probably either improvised, or just a random fill. It's not supposed to be amazing, it's not even in context with a song. Some of the other ones he's done have been amazing, just because he playing one poor filler song doesn't mean he's a bad guitarist or indeed screw up.

The first time Finck left, Axl called it "a Good Thing", and that they were able to do guitar parts after he left on some of the songs that Robin never would have been able to handle.

Yeah, but he's awesome now. The 01/02 tour was pulled off really well IMHO.

I understand that it's not a great solo, but the thing is, that is filler. It's not part of a song, it's probably either improvised, or just a random fill. It's not supposed to be amazing, it's not even in context with a song. Some of the other ones he's done have been amazing, just because he playing one poor filler song doesn't mean he's a bad guitarist or indeed screw up.

I know it's a filler. It's definitely improvised, but as a pro guitarist you should know how to improvise at least decently and that's waaay below decent IMO. I've also noticed some awful sounding notes in his Slash solos, and those are the parts when he improvises a bit. That seems to be sort of his style, he plays at the right scale but still it feels like your ears are exploding. :P

But yeah, I've heard some good stuff from him too, but I don't like him as a guitarist cos theres way too much shit.

I think hes the reason that the album is so delayed. I mean it must take about over 1000 takes for him too nail a riff

And you know this how? Robin is fucking cool, i dont care what anyone says. And he wouldnt be in the band if he wasnt any good...