What about Robin Finck

Manuel

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch his web site...., it hasn't been updated since january 15.

My guess is that he is practicing hard so he can be tight on the tour

Or.... maybe he's just a lazy shit?

... or he´s got diarrhea

i have always wonder why this dude just doesn't come out on stage and look like a normal guy? why the need to be a goth? why robin why?

A better question is why people insist on coming on stage dressed as a normal person?

maybe not everyday normal .........but human normal... get what i mean?.

fuck he's going on stage to rock the fuck out of us, he's not joing the circus

You guys who are talking bad things about Robin Fink, that he is a bad guitar player, etc, etc, are the same that when Chinese Democracy come out and Guns n Roses start touring gonna say that he's the best.

Fuck You.

You look like 6 years old.

Don't judge him before time.

If you don't like it's SIMPLE. Don't listen.

finck aint the best guitarist in the world however he aint the worst, if he was that bad he wouldnt be in a band thats lead singer had a massive perfectionist streak running through him!

Everyone fucks up on stage sometimes, christ how many notes do they play in a show like that, you cant have a go if they miss a few or hit the slightly wrong fret! Slash did that on numurous occasions. its about how you recover that makes you a good guitarist!

I don't understand why people are not allowed to criticize Finck. Considering we are fans, we want our band to deliver the best quality stuff possible. Ofcourse, everyone is allowed to fuck up now and again, but it should be possible to express criticism at all times.

Finck is an average guitar player. Sometimes he has a good day and playes very good, sometimes pretty bad. Yet, I like his backing vocals.

He is in GNR for a long time now so probably Axl has a reason to keep him around. And if not, I am sure that even Axl makes mistakes

Everyone knows Sossego sucks, but i think he makes great solos. He is a good choise of replacement for slash. Buckethead on the otherway has totally failed his Yngwie Malmsteen wannabeplaying with some shots of some sucking nintendo-tappingsounds. He may be fast in some ways, but Fink is a better for GnR.

I do wonder hpow on earth they can imagiune pulling off better or there was a time or irs with buckethead....finks solos r cringe worthy. as a musican my self it really ius painfull to hear especially on say his solo in paradice city, rir3. he slaughters that songs by jus bending one note for about a minute. the bucket solo fuckin makes the song there was a time a masterpiece. if neone doubts bucket listen to the song population overide. hes so dam good. i dont think even slash cud pull off those solos.

and as for comments like this

nintendo-tappingsounds. He may be fast in some ways, but Fink is a better for GnR

what the hell? if u knew anything about bucxkethead......

he has about 20 odd albums. i have i think 4 of them. on of them has nuffin but guitars, layered ontop of each other, mostly acoustic with slow soloing.....electric tears....this is genius and theres no fast guitar work

population oiveride is my favourite album becos if u listen to it its the perfect balance of slow tunful songs and GOOD solos. not just fast solos. good ones.

and yes on monsters n robots he does do techno guitar work but thats the theme of that album. and when he was tourin with gnr that was his current album so thats what he played in his solo.

his tapping in the 02 nightrain songs is dam genius, his there was a time solo....thats not jus nintendo tappin is it, its actually genius. deary me

Edited by Use_your_illusions

he has about 20 odd albums. i have i think 4 of them. on of them has nuffin but guitars, layered ontop of each other, mostly acoustic with slow soloing.....electric tears....this is genius and theres no fast guitar work

Closer to 50 including work with others...

Finck and Bucket were awesome, it's a shame one had to leave and would be a travesty if both left.

Buckethead can play any genre he wants....and he can play it very well

the jury is still out on finck, though.......however, i have faith finck has been improving himself since 2002 and he's gonna be out to prove something this year.

ps: "giant robot" is my favorite buckethead album and "nottingham lace" is my favorite buckethead song.

Buckethead can play any genre he wants....and he can play it very well

the jury is still out on finck, though.......however, i have faith finck has been improving himself since 2002 and he's gonna be out to prove something this year.

ps: "giant robot" is my favorite buckethead album and "nottingham lace" is my favorite buckethead song.

the reason why gnr worked in 02 was because of how they worked so well in 02

i mean,remember my michelle before rir?

it was beautiful

nightrain and paradise city?great dueling solos

they even overpowered axl

These post represent everything I would love to say but havn't got the time to type rock1 rock1 u guys really hit the nail on the head

I think a lot of people cannot get over the fact that Slash left the band 10 freakin' years ago. He has gone. He's not coming back. Get the fuck over him already. You are comparing two different genres and styles, and two very different people, it's like comparing A to B. Sure, they're both letters, and they form words and are English, but that's it. Finck and Slash are both Guitarists, and they play/ed in GN'R. If you wanna keep on saying how great Slash was, go to the VR section, you'll be well accomodated. If you want to talk about what we have here and now, then by all means stay here. Just incase, you are wonder, I'm a huge fan of Slash, Finck and Bucket, so I'm not taking sides. Finck isn't the world's greatest, but he must be pretty skilled for Mr.Axl Rose and Trent Reznor to pick him, and stay with the group (both) on and off for about 10 years, even if they haven't consistantly been touring or putting out material. Sure, some Solos are different, Axl himself said it's hard, and anyone who knows what they are talking about, knows it's hard to replicate the passion and feeling that another musician showed whilst playing, and indeed emulate his technique. Sure, you can cover their material, but it's never going to be the same. Ever. Get over that now if you haven't already. This is the New Guns N' Roses, with an Industrial, Hard Rock sound. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy, and indeed fall in love with the old GN'R, I'm saying this is what we have, and you can like it or lump it. You have VR and Guns N' Roses, be content. Things, people and time changes. We aren't back then. Axl is basically creating a new genre, and fitting into a new niche, much like how they were 20 years ago. Finck's style, and looks, IMHO, fit what Axl is going for. So did Bucket, which is why I think it's a shame he left. If you don't like the new stuff, you have all the official albums and all those bootlegs to enjoy. I'm content with both, so if you can find it in you to appreaciate the work of something different, something which Axl now is comfortable with playing, and someone who he is playing with, it'll be better for us all. Give Finck his dues, yes, he's not going to be Slash, that's why he doesn't do the same solos as he's not trying to fill his boots. He's doing his own thing, and I like that. If you can't dig this type of music, VR is there, and like I said earlier, your bootlegs and official material. Why do people find it so hard to except that GN'R, and everything, has to move on, and indeed has. Keep up with the present, I know we enjoy living in the past, but Slash left GN'R, and starting something new. Yet you are angry at Axl for trying to 'fill' what Slash used to do. Remember, VR also do covers of songs such as Mr.Brownstone, and It's So Easy, so if anything, accuse Weiland and Kushner of invading where Izzy and Axl should be. Indeed, be angry with Sorum for replacing Addler. Perhaps the New Guns don't have the 'passion' or the zest, or the magic that you used to enjoy, but if you don't enjoy it, no one forces you to listen to it. I'm hoping for Chinese Democracy which contains elements of the songs of OMH, Chi Dem, Maddy, The Blues, Silkworms and I.R.S. If you can't accept that, or don't like that, fine. We all have different tastes. Axl has gone in a different direction and therefore needs people who he thinks can fulfil the potential, and do what he wants to do. He's found that in the form of Fortus and Finck, who have come in leaps and bounds IMHO. It's different from what we are used to, far from Gilby/Slash and Izzy/Slash, but that's the way things go. From the bootlegs, and what I've heard so far of the New GN'R, there is certainly some way to go before the magic is restored, but I am confident, with Finck and the new lineup, and this style of music, Guns N' Fuckin' Roses can get back to rocking out venues all over

People's biggest fear is typically change. Once it happens, they always compare the "new" against the "old", or against that which they were comfortable with (that which was solidified as "ideal" in their mind). I can design art on my computer, but it doesn't mean I don't enjoy abstract free-hand paintings, and it would be rediculous to compare the two. Slash's early demos, early '88 and early '91 stuff sucked in terms of musical correctness, but we all loved it nonetheless, the fact that it was him, the fact that it was fresh, that he didn't give a fuck...and we don't need the "he was drunk" excuse for every wrong note. He surmounted it, ended up on top, as seen in his 92-93 years, as well as in VR.

Finck will shine on CD, and when it comes to playing his own stuff and not replicating someone else's stuff, he will shine on the stage. In general, I don't know of many artists that have a stage presence like Finck...he is exactly what GNR needs.

You couldn't have summed it up better Sandman.

Finck's great

Non believers, check hob 2001 and rir 3

hell in boston 02, he overpowered axl's vocals coming back from "rocket queen"'s first solo

plus the big daddy recording of scom,

and with bucket gone, i think finck's taken a step up, realized how to improve his solos more

sieze the intiative, so to speak, cause when fink dosen't have bucket to rely on, he's great (i.e. sossego) with great feeling (bluesy irs solo)

so,either he's gotten LOADS better

or he's completely distanced himself from gnr, and sucks, which his site makes you believe.....

HELL IN ROCK IN RIO 3 HE SCREWED THE WHOLE TIME ON NOVEMBER RAIN! AND YOU ARE TELLING ME HE IS GOOD!

Edited by coolio GNR