GUNS N' ROSES Airport Terror T-Shirt Alert

Sweetest_Child

The Register reports that keen security personnel at England's Birmingham International Airport ordered a man to turn his t-shirt inside out because it bore a drawing of two crossed guns.

Staffordshire design engineer Dave Osbourne was wearing a Guns N Rollers t-shirt (see photo of t-shirt at this location).

Guns N Rollers are a team in "an all-female roller derby league located in Portland Oregon", according to their website. Their logo is a tribute to that of hard rocking, hard drinking, legendarily fractious L.A. band GUNS N' ROSES.

As he waited to board the flight to Newark, New Jersey, guards told Osbourne the graphic represented a security risk, and could upset other passengers.

The 21-year-old said: "I am all for extra security, but this was just plain stupid."

Bosses at the airport apologised, admitting guards "over-reacted".

It wasn't a Guns N' Roses t-shirt ;)

T-shirt a risk to air security

By ANDREW PARKER

September 11, 2006

A TOURIST was told to turn his T-shirt inside-out at an airport — as a picture of two guns on it was deemed a SECURITY RISK.

Dave Osborne, 21, was bound for Newark, New Jersey, when guards hauled him out of the queue for his Guns N Rollers T-shirt.

They told him the two pistols on the front could constitute a security risk and upset passengers.

He was ordered to turn his top inside out before boarding.

The design engineer from Lichfield, Staffs, said: “I am all for extra security but this was just plain stupid.”

Last night bosses at Birmingham International Airport apologised and said security guards “over-reacted”.

MUSICIANS say a ban on taking instruments as hand luggage will sound the death knell for international concert tours. BBC Symphony Orchestra conductor Mark Elder said performers face “enormous difficulty”.

Edited by Calm Like A Bomb

hmmm we should test a logo of gn'r shirt to see if the same thing happens

gunsguy

Knowing the ridiculous procedures nowadays it wouldn't surprise me if the same thing happened. I mean i'm all for security checks but there is a line you just don't cross in my eyes.

Edited by Calm Like A Bomb

HEY----- FUCKKKK THE GOVERNMET and thier CENSOR---SHIP OF ROCKKKK AND ROLL-----

THEY R AFRAID OF THE POWER IT Has!!!!!!!!!

IN AMERICA ALL THEY FEED THE MAIN---STREAM IS PATHETIC POP, AND HIPP---HOPP, because THEY DONT WANT ROCK BACKKKKK, because it offers an AlTERNATIVE to thier corporate BUSH nation, so they Faze out amazing bands like SHINEDOWN , and put up, disgusting bands like PANIC at my dickkkkhole, and SIMPLE GAY PLAN!!!!!!! FUCKKKKKKKK THE MAN, aND FUCKKKKK HIS FEAR!!!!!!!!!!

IN AMERICA ALL THEY FEED THE MAIN---STREAM IS PATHETIC POP, AND HIPP---HOPP, because THEY DONT WANT ROCK BACKKKKK, because it offers an AlTERNATIVE to thier corporate BUSH nation, so they Faze out amazing bands like SHINEDOWN , and put up, disgusting bands like PANIC at my dickkkkhole, and SIMPLE GAY PLAN!!!!!!! FUCKKKKKKKK THE MAN, aND FUCKKKKK HIS FEAR!!!!!!!!!!

w00t

:drevil: : anyways I think that was stupid. It's just a shirt. I can understand wearing a shirt saying I am gonna hijack this plane or I am gonna kill the piolit or I support terrorism should be banned but a GN'R shirt?????

ok that is the most stupid thing ive heard.

Typical Terrorist Comment!

:P

Wow, this is England at it's best. I am sure USA has by far worse "Scary" moments. I mean, screw Terrorist. I will just throw them a Snake once they try to get control!

Hahaha. Man, creativity and inbreeding cause this I would think.

Something similar happened to my freind, at school one of the admins told him not to wear his BLS shirt because it had two guns on it.

and the principal and associate principal, teachers or guidnece councellers never told me... Take that Guns N' Roses shirt off. and it has two guns on it so your school must be stricter than mine.

ill be coming down from st. pete/tampa area! :) ill be going to any shows in florida dont care where haha

when i was back in highschool, a gnr shirt wasn't a big deal . . .

PS finally my 100th post, after 2 years almost . . .

Edited by s487807

From Blabbermouth

The Register reports that keen security personnel at England's Birmingham International Airport ordered a man to turn his t-shirt inside out because it bore a drawing of two crossed guns.

Staffordshire design engineer Dave Osbourne was wearing a Guns N Rollers t-shirt (see photo of t-shirt at this location).

Guns N Rollers are a team in "an all-female roller derby league located in Portland Oregon", according to their website. Their logo is a tribute to that of hard rocking, hard drinking, legendarily fractious L.A. band GUNS N' ROSES.

As he waited to board the flight to Newark, New Jersey, guards told Osbourne the graphic represented a security risk, and could upset other passengers.

The 21-year-old said: "I am all for extra security, but this was just plain stupid."

Bosses at the airport apologised, admitting guards "over-reacted".

Thanks CD.com

No, this quote is the stupidest thing I've heard, ever, pretty much.

Go back to school, gas station boy.

I guarantee the US government has nothing to do with the popularization of hip-hop and punk-pop/emo, you fucking idiot.