Versions of "Shadow of Your Love"

Medazzaboy

Hi everybody,

I've always have interrogations about "Shadow of Your Love".

I first heard it as a b-side c/w "Live and Let Die" and at the time I thought it was an outtake from the "Use Your Illusion" sessions :lol:

I would need some help to sort out the different versions available (or soon to be available) of the song. I don't take into account the Hollywood Rose version available on "The Roots of Guns n' Roses".

- 1st version available in 1987 - 03:06 - b/w "It's So Easy" UK 12"

I think it's even stated as "from the Uzi Suicide record "Live?!*@ Like A Suicide" even thought it was not the case...

This version is also available on the "Live from the Jungle" JP EP.

As far as I know this version was intended for "Live Like a Suicide", but was left over. Hence its reapparance today as an "extra track" on the vinyl EP of the new box set.

It's a "faux-live", with overdubbed crowd noises, just like the other songs from "Live Like a Suicide".

- 2nd version available in 1991- 02:50 - b/w "Live and Let Die"

Once again stated as "live", and once again I highly doubt it...

This is the version that starts with "Wake Up..."

I've read that it was the same as the first version, but without the overdubbed crowd noises and slightly accelerated... I don't think it's true, but I may be wrong.

It looks like this version won't be available on the new box set. Could it have been re-recorded during the "Use Your Illusion" sessions ?

- 3rd version available in 2018 - 03:06 - 2018 single "from December 1986 Mike Clink tryout session"

This is the version used as a "new" single to promote the new box set.

- 4th version available in 2018 - ??:?? - "from 1986 Sound City Session"

One of the many tracks from this session on the new box set. Could it be the version that was latter overdubbed with crowd noises ?

So in fact, NONE of these versions are real live recordings, right ?

Is the 1st version the 2nd/3rd/4th version with overdubbed crowd noises ?

The 2nd version is not on the new box set, why ? Is it the same as the 4th version ?

And while we're at it, are the 1986 Sound City session versions of "Reckless Life", "Nice Boys", "Move to the City" and "Mama Kin" the same as the "Live Like a Suicide" versions, but without the overdubbed crowd noises ?

Any other information (recording dates...) would be welcome.:shrugs:

Thank you very much, "Shadow of Your Love" has been bugging me for years now, but with the new versions available it's become worst ! :lol::lol::lol:

• 4 months later...