Black Crowes

duff_mckagan21

Over the past few months I have really became obsessed with The Black Crowes. They are such an underated band. The Robinson brothers are so creative and have written classic material. Chris is such an amazing frontman. I have Shake Your Money Maker, Southern Harmony and Musical Companion and By Your Side.

My favourite songs are: Twice as Hard, Stare it Cold, Sting Me and Go Faster.

Any other fans?

duff21

Didn't you make a thread about them a couple of months ago? :book:

Anyways, great band, lots of good songs. All their cd's are good and the first three are awesome.

I love Chris' voice and there's great guitarwork on all the cd's.

Edited by izzystradlin'

Didn't you make a thread about them a couple of months ago? :book:

It wasnt an appreciation thread, it was inquiring a song.

A few months?

I've had an ongoing musical love affair with that band since 1992, I love their live show, I saw them last summer and it was the best show I saw in 2006. They played Downtown Money Waster and Thorn In My Pride, it was insane.

Yeah your lucky man you've had the privledge of growing up with the crowes. Im going out to get Amorica today.

duff21

A few months?

I've had an ongoing musical love affair with that band since 1992, I love their live show, I saw them last summer and it was the best show I saw in 2006. They played Downtown Money Waster and Thorn In My Pride, it was insane.

I think you've just provided me with an excuse to check them out.

Im going out to get Amorica today.

Amorica = Brilliant, probably my favorite.

Opax, here's the setlist of the show I saw, I dug all the rare stuff they played...

10 May 2006 - MTS Centre - Winnipeg, Manitoba

Jam -> Greasy Grass River

Sting Me

Jam -> Black Moon Creeping

Tough Mama (1st time played)

High Head Blues

Soul Singing

Song Of Love

Downtown Money Waster -> Jam

Jam -> Thorn In My Pride

Young Man, Old Man

Steady Rollin' Man

Good Friday

Twice As Hard

Remedy

No Speak No Slave

- encore -

Willin'

Im going out to get Amorica today.

Amorica = Brilliant, probably my favorite.

Opax, here's the setlist of the show I saw, I dug all the rare stuff they played...

10 May 2006 - MTS Centre - Winnipeg, Manitoba

Jam -> Greasy Grass River

Sting Me

Jam -> Black Moon Creeping

Tough Mama (1st time played)

High Head Blues

Soul Singing

Song Of Love

Downtown Money Waster -> Jam

Jam -> Thorn In My Pride

Young Man, Old Man

Steady Rollin' Man

Good Friday

Twice As Hard

Remedy

No Speak No Slave

- encore -

Willin'

Geez, they have left a great deal of there well known songs out.

duff21

Geez, they have left a great deal of there well known songs out.

duff21

Yes, but that's what I loved about that night. They change the setlist every night, and don't cater to casual "hits only" fans. For a long time follower like me it was heaven to hear some songs that a less adventurous band would not put in their set in place of their well known hits. AND we got new material that night! Tough Mama and Song Of Love,

it's a night I'll never forget,

I can't,

I got it on cd. :xmasssanta:

Been a rabid fan since 1990, seen 'em about a dozen times...nobody contemporary can touch them in my book. The Pittsburgh show I saw in 1992 was one of the best Rock and Roll shows I've ever seen. And Marc Ford can wipe the floor with Slash on a bad night.

"Wiping the floor" implies he wouldn't even break a sweat trying to outplay Slash, and I don't think that's the case. He'd very much break more than a sweat and a few strings. He may not even be able to get the job done...

Been a rabid fan since 1990, seen 'em about a dozen times...nobody contemporary can touch them in my book. The Pittsburgh show I saw in 1992 was one of the best Rock and Roll shows I've ever seen. And Marc Ford can wipe the floor with Slash on a bad night.

"Wiping the floor" implies he wouldn't even break a sweat trying to outplay Slash, and I don't think that's the case. He'd very much break more than a sweat and a few strings. He may not even be able to get the job done...

Seen 'em both, he'd get the job done.

Just watched a video of Reb Beach and Doug Aldrich going at it back and forth at some clinic, it's pretty cool. I'd love to see Slash and Marc do something like that.

I saw a video of Marc and Warren Haynes do that, some serious cool playing...saw Warren and Audley Freed do it in person in New Orleans back in '04...mind numbing. I don't mean to come off like a Slash hater, I dig the guys playing alot.

I was pretty dissapointed when Eric Clapton came that he didn't bring Derek Trucks with him...

But Robert Cray came, and that was cool.

So getting back to the Crowes.

Marc Ford or Audley Freed?

I prefer Marc, but I saw them 2 or 3 times with Audley and he totally brought it...not a popular opinion on the BC boards to be sure, but I calls 'em like I sees 'em :D

I was pretty dissapointed when Eric Clapton came that he didn't bring Derek Trucks with him...

But Robert Cray came, and that was cool.

So getting back to the Crowes.

Marc Ford or Audley Freed?

I prefer Marc, but I saw them 2 or 3 times with Audley and he totally brought it...not a popular opinion on the BC boards to be sure, but I calls 'em like I sees 'em :D

I saw the Jones Beach show they did with Jimmy Page, and Audley sounded amazing. I prefer Marc too, but I'd have to say both are miles above Jeff Cease. That was probably the biggest upgrade from the first album to the second, and the addition of Ed Harsch.