Avenged Sevenfold question

New Rose

Do they have any "rockier" songs?

The new Good Charlotte song is ridiculously good because of M. Shadows, his voice is mindblowing in it. I think the song suits his voice perfectly.

I listened to some of their songs but they're not as good imo.

So do they?

I prefer their stuff from "Sounding The Seventh Trumpet," I think. It's a lot more heavier and M. Shadows does that growling, screamo stuff. Listen to "Second Heartbeat." Killer solo at the end. Too bad they only sound good in the studio. :rolleyes:

Synyster Gates is easily one of the best new guitarists of this decade. Im not to wild about the whole concept of Sounding The Seventh Trumpet and Waking The Fallen, but I'll listen to those albums just to be blown away by his insane phrasing, hes fucking awesome. Even his breif little solo in the background of Chapter Four, learning to play that was such an experience because Im just sitting there going, "why the hell didnt I think of that?", the notes are all over the place but it sounds awesome, same with The Wicked End. But what I really love is when they go into that acoustic spanish shit, like at the end Sidewinder and throughout Reminisions, fucking amazing.

But yeah, whats with people recomending individual songs? City of Evil is a really good album by today's standards, just buy it, it rocks. Bat Country isnt even one of the best songs on it, I never understood the apeal to that song over the others. Still cool, but its not that good.

The one thing about sevenfold is that after a while the songs just start to sound the same. Like Ill be listening to one song but anticipating a part from another. Too many of them are in the same key using the same tempo, and to top it off the songs go through drastic changes. Mix that all together and they start to sound too similar, sometimes I wouldnt even know when a song has ended and the next one started. This was really only a problem for me when I first started listening to them, but still...

I don't really like them...I mean the music is pretty great, but Shadows has a shit voice and he ruins it completely for me.

They should replace him and they'd be pretty kickass.

Edited by FunkyMonk

Like Binge said, Bat Country and Beast and the Harlot are pretty bad-ass songs.

I'd also recommend "Thrashed and Scattered" as it's a great song too.

yeah that song is really good too in some parts m.shadows use this low cool vocals kinda like the axl vocals on its so easy

I have that song, and it's shitty. Tho the pre-chorus is cool.

Synyster Gates is easily one of the best new guitarists of this decade. Im not to wild about the whole concept of Sounding The Seventh Trumpet and Waking The Fallen, but I'll listen to those albums just to be blown away by his insane phrasing, hes fucking awesome. Even his breif little solo in the background of Chapter Four, learning to play that was such an experience because Im just sitting there going, "why the hell didnt I think of that?", the notes are all over the place but it sounds awesome, same with The Wicked End. But what I really love is when they go into that acoustic spanish shit, like at the end Sidewinder and throughout Reminisions, fucking amazing.

But yeah, whats with people recomending individual songs? City of Evil is a really good album by today's standards, just buy it, it rocks. Bat Country isnt even one of the best songs on it, I never understood the apeal to that song over the others. Still cool, but its not that good.

The one thing about sevenfold is that after a while the songs just start to sound the same. Like Ill be listening to one song but anticipating a part from another. Too many of them are in the same key using the same tempo, and to top it off the songs go through drastic changes. Mix that all together and they start to sound too similar, sometimes I wouldnt even know when a song has ended and the next one started. This was really only a problem for me when I first started listening to them, but still...

Thanks, I'll get the first two then. I've heard City of Evil and it I didn't like it.