Iggy Pop, Stage Invasion, Glastonbury Festival

ffrankwhite

all this talk to frontmen, Axl Rose this and Freddie Mercury that, theres the fuckin man, period, point blank, will shit on any motherfucker, line em up, nothing or no one compares to the royal stooge, he is the absolute end game as far as frontmen go.

all this talk to frontmen, Axl Rose this and Freddie Mercury that, theres the fuckin man, period, point blank, will shit on any motherfucker, line em up, nothing or no one compares to the royal stooge, he is the absolute end game as far as frontmen go.

Exactly. I love the Stooges.

Without Bowie Iggy would be deadand broke.

true :) as much as i dont care for him.

you know that I'm a huuuge Bowie fan. he even wrote parts of Lust for life and The Idiot. But your right Iggy's stage presence is sick. rock3

The songs Nightclubbing & Funtime are about what they used to do while they were in Berlin.

Bowie is a vampire...

in which way?

in the way malcolm mclaren is a vampire. spent his whole career trying to second guess the next "thing". a very sophisticated dilletante, a genius dabbler, his stuff to me is just...really hollow. has some stand out matierial but i think he's a very unoriginal person thats duped people into thinking the contrary of him for years. like madonna.

man I totally fail to see how Bowie is unoriginal. He helped a lot to push other peoples careers not exactly the behaviour of a vampire. but I stop here, otherwise I'm getting little pissed at ya.

awesome picture, rent. you can clearly see that they like each other.

i know, we always have this conversation huh? :lol: sorry, cant help myself sometimes. i can respect your taste :)

I can think of many better frontmen

I can think of many better frontmen

No one is as original as Iggy.

Its all about personal preference. If you prefer the guy who runs about shirtless like a madman and does anything to get the crowd moving, its Iggy.

Or, if you prefer the guy who struts around the stage and encourages the crowd to singalong at all the best parts, its Freddie.

I prefer Freddie, but I still love blasting Search And Destroy on my CD player and rockin the fuck out.

Its all about personal preference. If you prefer the guy who runs about shirtless like a madman and does anything to get the crowd moving, its Iggy.

Or, if you prefer the guy who struts around the stage and encourages the crowd to singalong at all the best parts, its Freddie.

I prefer Freddie, but I still love blasting Search And Destroy on my CD player and rockin the fuck out.

but Iggy does/did both of those things? what i want from a frontman is honesty. no set little dances, just raw fucking energy, something you can't coreograph, thats iggy. what i want from a frontman is confrontation, in your face, notice the word FRONT in the term frontman, i want frontal assault. what i want is a perfect blend of snotty fucking arrogance and down to earthness. what i want is for a frontman to look comfortable up there, Iggy isnt just a shirtless madman, Iggy has poise, sometimes he's so slow and paced up there...with a stare that could could look God in the fucking eye, i dont want pussying around, getting hit by a bottle and pissing and moaning, fuck that, this is real life here and you're not at some fucking tea party, this is rock n roll and rock n roll was borne out of a confrontational attitude. i think Iggy has a lot in common with Jim Morrison in many respects. you know when you put your fucking money down to see Iggy, you're gonna get a fucking show, the man does not give a fuck and if you pay to see him you're in for a good fuckin night, you're gonna see something, not no predictable fucking god-complex 50 feet in the sky on a fucking stage with the audience in a pit, placating them, fueling their fucking ego, i wanna see a guy get down there, like Iggy did in glastonbury, like iggys done a thousand times, he's just an absolute fucking genius there just isnt anything close to him, i dont know how far into explaining how fucking great and important to rock n roll, it cant get any better than Iggy Pop, it simply cant. even iggys songwriting, by all accounts is just spat out of him but its so damned...erudite, its so fucking...punchy, it gets the point across so well, the man is literally moved by the music, like his fucking skeletons tryna jump out of his skin, i dont understand how anyone cannot see that this guy is the fucking...peak of rock n roll. what, Axl Rose is gonna fucking compare to Iggy Pop, give me a fucking break, the stooges in their heyday against guns in their heyday, fuckin forget about it, the stooges would blow them off the fucking stage. Iggy makes every other fucking performer just look...stunted. theres so many intricacies to his work, things cribbed from the blues, really basic primal lyricism that just cuts through the shit and gets down to it.

in terms of rock n roll, rock n roll as someone from the 50s would understand the term, is perfectly encapsulated in the stooges song Cock In My Pocket, the provocation in rock n roll in those days was in its sexuality and this song just went straight to it, fuck the suggestions, it just takes it down to the bare bones, has that tinkle-slam Little Richard-esque piano in it, im sooooo pissed that they never made that in the studio (i dont think) i would kill you dear reader for a chance to listen to a 1969 era stooges studio version of that song (kidding!).

Raw Power, how can you get better than that album, explain it to me, i seriously wanna know? Funhouse, fuck me, in a time where rock n roll crooned Iggy fucking roared! many-a-night Iggy put his fucking life on the line to entertain, in the name of rock n roll. he didnt make no fuckin decent money really until David Bowie i think won a VMA off of China Girl, thats over a decade later, what the fuck was the guy carrying on for? i can't think of any other reason other than the fact that rock n roll is central to his very being. in his day the guy was like a fucking acrobat onstage and now in his late 50s, he moves better than like young kids nowadays. how anybody can compare to Iggy is just beyond my understanding.

Iggy is like Muhammad Ali. everyone else is Lennox Lewis in comparison, he is the fucking benchmark, he has another fucking category, any praise levelled on anyone in rock n roll on my part is done under the strict understanding that, on the whole, they are beneath Iggy Pop, anybody, on many levels. compared to Iggy Pop, 99% of frontmen are fucking embarassing. the 1% is populated by the likes of Jim Morrison, Little Richard, Johnny Rotten, Jerry Lee Lewis, the sheer elite.

Freddie owns Iggy in every way

Firstly, I bet you've seen very few videos of Iggy performing. And secondly, I bet you haven't heard any albums by The Stooges.

OK, Freddie was a great frontman, and there are areas which, in my opinion, Freddie is better. But to say Freddie owns Iggy in every way is a bit of blind comment to make.

Edited by LCG