Iggy Pop, Stage Invasion, Glastonbury Festival

ffrankwhite

Freddie owns Iggy in every way

Firstly, I bet you've seen very few videos of Iggy performing. And secondly, I bet you haven't heard any albums by The Stooges.

OK, Freddie was a great frontman, and there are areas which, in my opinion, Freddie is better. But to say Freddie owns Iggy in every way is a bit of blind comment to make.

Well, thats why I think. But that is no diss at Iggy. Freddie is after all a legend.

Firstly, I bet you've seen very few videos of Iggy performing. And secondly, I bet you haven't heard any albums by The Stooges.

OK, Freddie was a great frontman, and there are areas which, in my opinion, Freddie is better. But to say Freddie owns Iggy in every way is a bit of blind comment to make.

Well, thats why I think. But that is no diss at Iggy. Freddie is after all a legend.

How is Freddie a legend?!?! I don't understand. To me he is just a normal vocalist for a band.

Please explain.

So is Iggy according to everyone who doesn't only listen to classic rock.

How is Freddie a legend?!?! I don't understand. To me he is just a normal vocalist for a band.

By being the greatest frontman of all time?

Well, Iggy is more rock n' roll. No point arguing that. When I said 'madman' earlier, I didn't mean it in a negative way. Iggy is a fuckin lunatic onstage and thats what makes him so good.

Freddie is just great at getting the crowd going, but in a different way than Iggy does.

That doesn't explain my question. :huh:

But then again, its probably my fault for asking someone with little intelligence.

I'm truly sorry for asking a question that your brain couldn't handle.

But then again, its probably my fault for asking someone with little intelligence.

There isn't needed to explain Freddie's greatness, I just pity you for not seing it

There isn't needed to explain Freddie's greatness, I just pity you for not seing it

Yes there is :huh:

I'm sorry, but Freddie is not by fact the greatest frontman ever. The problem with you is that you have absolutely no musical diversity whatsoever.

I'm sorry, but Freddie is not by fact the greatest frontman ever. The problem with you is that you have absolutely no musical diversity whatsoever.

that has nothing to do about it.

You would said that if I said Jimi Hendrix was the greatest guitarplayer of all time.

The Rolling Stones is the biggest rock band of all time.

Freddie Mercury was the biggest frontman of all time....

It is just facts you can't argue with...

You would said that if I said Jimi Hendrix was the greatest guitarplayer of all time.

Well you're right, Freddie Mercury is probably the biggest frontman of all time. But we're not talking about that, are we? We're talking about who's the best frontman. And no one is defined as the greatest frontman ever.

Edited by LCG

Its opinion. You can say hes the greatest all you want, but it doesn't make it true.

You said 'greatest', thats opinion. 'Biggest' may be more accurate, meaning most popular, but it still doesn't make it fact.

Its opinion.

That was my point, no, it's facts.

Freddie was a great frontman, he was one of the first to do that whole "huge-epic-stadium kinda thing", and I love his voice, but he was in lack of many of the things frontmen need to have to be a perfect frontman, like energy, being unpredictable, etc.

It isn't a fact just because you think so - heck, you like Poison for fuck's sake!

Freddie was a great frontman, he was one of the first to do that whole "huge-epic-stadium kinda thing", and I love his voice, but he was in lack of many of the things frontmen need to have to be a perfect frontman, like energy, being unpredictable, etc.

It isn't a fact just because you think so - heck, you like Poison for fuck's sake!

Poison rocks!!11 rock2

:lol:

okey, that is just childish.....

I suggest you to guy buy a Queen dvd, they got one at "free record shop" for a very low price ;)

The man gives me goosebumps, it's not just hes voice or the way he connects with the audience....or hes energy on stage.

There is just something, divine about him.

Yes there IS a fucking need to explain it. Why do you think I asked?!?!

I pity you for not having more of a brain.

I suggest you to guy buy a Queen dvd, they got one at "free record shop" for a very low price ;)

The man gives me goosebumps, it's not just hes voice or the way he connects with the audience....or hes energy on stage.

Buy an Iggy and the Stooges DVD. Fuck, a CD would do in this case.

I've grown up with Queen, my friend, there's no need to tell me to buy a Queen DVD. ;)

I also believed that Freddie was the best frontman, in fact, my music taste was just like yours (if you exclude the hair metal) a few years ago, until I started to listen more to bands like Nirvana, Sex Pistols, The Doors and The Stooges.

I've grown up with Queen, my friend, there's no need to tell me to buy a Queen DVD. ;)

I also believed that Freddie was the best frontman, in fact, my music taste was just like yours (if you exclude the hair metal) a few years ago, until I started to listen more to bands like Nirvana, Sex Pistols, The Doors and The Stooges.

And the Velvet Underground.