The Rain Song - Led Zeppelin. One of the best

JDRM

One of my favourite songs ever, if you haven't heard it, PLEASE do yourself a favour and listen to it.

It is the springtime of my loving - the second season I am to know

You are the sunlight in my growing - so little warmth I've felt before.

It isn't hard to feel me glowing - I watched the fire that grew so low.

It is the summer of my smiles - flee from me Keepers of the Gloom.

Speak to me only with your eyes. It is to you I give this tune.

Ain't so hard to recognize - These things are clear to all from

time to time.

Talk Talk - I've felt the coldness of my winter

I never thought it would ever go. I cursed the gloom that set upon us...

But I know that I love you so

These are the seasons of emotion and like the winds they rise and fall

This is the wonder of devotion - I seek the torch we all must hold.

This is the mystery of the quotient - Upon us all a little rain must fall.

I don't really know what else to say about it :lol: it just one of the most beautiful and inspiring songs I've ever heard

Opinions?

Edited by JDRM

One of the greatest songs ever written. After I haven't listened to it in a while, I'll pop in "Jimmy Page and Robert Plant Unledded" and listen... and I'll think, "My God, music today sucks balls."

Seriously, this song is just perfect. There has not been a song written that is remotely near half as good as this in at least 25 years. Even for the music of its time, this was superior.

And then I'll think about people that are like certain members of this forum. I won't name any names FFRANKWHITE, but these people are always like "It's totally subjective. How can you say one piece of music is superior to another? That's just your opinion." No, it's not. It's fact. Period. Obviously you don't listen to good enough music if you can't recognize things that are just in another league.

And then I'll think about people that are like certain members of this forum. I won't name any names FFRANKWHITE, but these people are always like "It's totally subjective. How can you say one piece of music is superior to another? That's just your opinion." No, it's not. It's fact. Period. Obviously you don't listen to good enough music if you can't recognize things that are just in another league.

I fail to see how this song - which wouldn't even make my top ten for Led Zeppelin - is better than any song recorded in the past 25 years, and how that's a fact.

Spent years of practice to play this brilliant song. By far one of the most brilliant and moving songs I have ever heard. I play it on guitar without downtuning (not the way Jimmy plays it--- as he does some funky tuning) ----but still when I play it--- it still moves me and my friends as it should. By far my most achieving guitar piece I have learned after 20+ years of playing---

I fail to see how this song - which wouldn't even make my top ten for Led Zeppelin - is better than any song recorded in the past 25 years, and how that's a fact.
Sorry --but if you fail to see this as being one of the top 10 or even top 5 songs of the mighty Zep you know nothing about what they are all about---- IMHO

Spent years of practice to play this brilliant song. By far one of the most brilliant and moving songs I have ever heard. I play it on guitar without downtuning (not the way Jimmy plays it--- as he does some funky tuning) ----but still when I play it--- it still moves me and my friends as it should. By far my most achieving guitar piece I have learned after 20+ years of playing---
Sorry --but if you fail to see this as being one of the top 10 or even top 5 songs of the mighty Zep you know nothing about what they are all about---- IMHO

People like different things. I far prefer D'yer Mak'er, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Communication Breakdown, Heartbreaker, Rock and Roll (my favorite), Stairway, and All My Love. Don't get me wrong, it's a great song, though.

Edited by Estranged Reality

I would be fine if I never heard Communications Breakdown and Heartbreaker again. Now, that's not to say I HATE them, but I would be fine if I never heard them. They are certainly amongst the most boring Zeppelin tunes ever. Communications Breakdown and Paranoid by Black Sabbath are practically the same song, to my ears. I just can't stand Heartbreaker's never-ending mid-tempo-ness. The song never really "kicks in." The Rain Song is so vastly superior to these songs.

I would be fine if I never heard Communications Breakdown and Heartbreaker again. Now, that's not to say I HATE them, but I would be fine if I never heard them. They are certainly amongst the most boring Zeppelin tunes ever. Communications Breakdown and Paranoid by Black Sabbath are practically the same song, to my ears. I just can't stand Heartbreaker's never-ending mid-tempo-ness. The song never really "kicks in." The Rain Song is so vastly superior to these songs.

Totally in agreement----bring it on home and many others kicks those tunes ass

It's hard to argue the brilliance of this song

And yet, people do!!

I honestly can't wrap my head around it... how can a human being NOT appreciate the greatness of this song?!

I don't know why, it's just boring to me. Houses Of The Holy is an incredible album, but I sometimes skip The Rain song. The best song on the album is definitely No Quarter. That's one really awesome song.

excellent, song, but trying to name which of zeppelins songs are the best is like saying how long a piece of string is. i disagree with what dirty deeds said about communication breakdown and heartbreaker, plants vocals and the guitar solos in those songs rock! although they wouldn't be my favourite songs.

but yes listening to zeppelin makes me hate the modern music scene.

i mean when we talk to older people now they might say "i remember seeing zeppelin live when i was younger" and us younger people would think how cool that was. but in 20 years time when the younger generation ask us if we've ever seen any legendary bands (with all the original members) in our prime all we can say is "well my chemical romance were around ;) " does that make any sense or am i rambling? :huh: