Ozzy In Vancouver tomorrow night

Randy Lahey

I read that at the show they played in Seattle, Zakk fell over on stage as he was so drunk, and Ozzy was out of tune the whole time. I'm going to make sure to be nice and drunk for this show. They can't possibly sound as bad as Motley Crue sounded when they came to Victoria. I was sober for that show which was a major mistake.

"The heart of Rock N' Roll is the small town crowds like you guys"-Vince Neil, Victoria 2006

"Have another drink and eat another fucking double cheeseburger Vince!!!"-Randy Lahey

Edited by Randy Lahey

I heard that the first show rocked?

Heres the review I read...

Ozzy hosts an early Halloween party

Halloween came early for the packed-to-the-rafters crowd at Ozzy Osbourne's show last night at KeyArena. Many came to the crazy, wild and bone-rattlingly loud party in pasty ghoulish makeup, witchy-woman weeds, skeletal masks, black T-shirts or hoodies with skull and crossbones, and other scary get-ups.

Ozzy looked a little silly wearing a big thick wig that might've been snatched off Tina Turner's head, and he moved a little hesitantly now and then, but the old boy delivered big time. No fan could have left unsatisfied, as Ozzy and his band played a long, hit-studded show that got everybody involved.

"I love you all!" Ozzy yelled repeatedly, when he wasn't complaining that we weren't freaking loud enough. "I can't hear you!" he kept saying. And the crowd just got louder. By the end, the roar was deafening.

Ozzy has a special place in Seattle rock history because of the nexus between Black Sabbath, his legendary band, and punk-rock, which gave rise to grunge. Ozzy is revered here, and he knows it, which may be why he did an extra-long set. He often closes with "Mama, I'm Coming Home," but last night did three more songs after that, ending at around 11:30 p.m., 30 minutes past KeyArena's usual rock-concert curfew.

He played Sabbath songs, several cuts from his outstanding new album, "Black Rain," and classics from his solo career. Every song was highlighted by the speedy, intricate, muscular guitar work of Zakk Wylde, who roamed the stage in clodhopper boots, leather kilt and motorcycle jacket, his enormous thatch of blond hair and long, ponytailed beard flying as he bobbed his head to the beat.

The crowd loved Wylde almost as much as Ozzy, especially when he fell, or collapsed from exhaustion, and just kept playing on the floor, as two roadies (in matching leather kilts) hovered over him looking concerned. When he leaped up, the place went nuts.

Ozzy's staging was fairly plain, except for some video screens, occasional pillars of fire, and loud, colorful pyro at the end.

Opener Rob Zombie, by contrast, had a stageful of huge monster-faced props, plenty of visuals on several screens and lots of stage business. He and his band were even more Halloweenlike, all with painted faces and stringy, ratted hair. Even the go-go girls had skeletal makeup.

Zombie's grinding, stomping music was like a well-oiled machine moving at breakneck speed, energizing the crowd so that they were primed when Ozzy and crew took the stage.

After that helluva show, Halloween is going to seem anticlimactic.

And heres the tracklist...

01. I Don’t Wanna Stop

02. Crazy Train

03. Suicide Solution

04. Mr. Crowley

05. Not Going Away

06. Into The Void

07. Road To Nowhere

08. Fire in the Sky

09. Bark at the Moon

10. Guitar Solo (Z. Wylde)

11. I Don’t Know

12. Here For You

13. I Don’t Want to Change the World

[Encore]

14. Mama I’m Coming Home

15. Paranoid

16. Iron Man

17. Sweet Leaf

18. Children of the Grave

Better setlist than Ozzfest. He's playing Fire In The Sky? I read an interview with Zakk awhile back saying that he'd been trying to talk Ozzy into putting that song in the setlist, but Ozzy was afraid he couldn't vocally handle it these days. Apparently Zakk got his way, which is cool, imo. Now, get Ozzy to put The Ultimate Sin in the setlist!!!

Just got back from Vancouver. Was anybody else at the Ozzy/Zombie show last nigh? The mix where I was sitting was fucking awful. Ozzy has a big gut and was wearing a wig. I must admit that Zakk was a monster on guitar but those stupid fucking noises he always makes were getting on my nerves. Sharon should have made Ozzy hire Bucket.