Seether & Drowning Pool

*ParadiseCityGirl*

I waited in line for 2 hours OUTSIDE....in 0 degree minnesota weather, so I was pretty much delirious by the time we finally got let into the venue. But we got right in the front on the railing so it was well worth it. We waited another hour and a band called Red came out...they were alright, I only knew their big song "Breath Into Me" from the radio. Then Hurt came on, i'd say these guys are pretty fucking good. A little depressing for my taste though (a better version of Staind imo), their was a violin solo in one song and that was somethin different not to mention amazing! Their guitarist is pretty hot too (I ran into him after the show and talked with him a little bit :wub:).

Then finally..DROWING POOL YEAH!! Everyone got so fucking crazy and I have bruises on my ribs and arms from the impact of these guys! People were asking me if I got beat up today :lol: They played Pantera's Cowboys From Hell!! The singer made a little speech about Dimebag too... I was wearin' a Pantera shirt and the guitarist noticed and leaned off the stage to give me his guitar pick and he said "that's for the shirt" :) I met him after the show and he signed my shirt as well, hehe. Anyway, Let The Bodies Hit the Floor came on and I couldn't breathe at a few points, my friend asked security to pull her out cause it got so bad But I think it was a blast minus the pain (before it got really bad).

I think i'm obsessed w/DP now..great live performance!!

And finally, Seether came out. They did about 12 songs and played some Nirvana, some Alice in Chains (nutshell :wub: ) and ended with Remedy where everyone went crazy again.

All in all, that was an amazing concert!!... I'd definatley reccomend seeing them if they come around rock3

I waited in line for 2 hours OUTSIDE....in 0 degree minnesota weather, so I was pretty much delirious by the time we finally got let into the venue. But we got right in the front on the railing so it was well worth it. We waited another hour and a band called Red came out...they were alright, I only knew their big song "Breath Into Me" from the radio. Then Hurt came on, i'd say these guys are pretty fucking good. A little depressing for my taste though (a better version of Staind imo), their was a violin solo in one song and that was somethin different not to mention amazing! Their guitarist is pretty hot too (I ran into him after the show and talked with him a little bit :wub:).

Then finally..DROWING POOL YEAH!! Everyone got so fucking crazy and I have bruises on my ribs and arms from the impact of these guys! People were asking me if I got beat up today :lol: They played Pantera's Cowboys From Hell!! The singer made a little speech about Dimebag too... I was wearin' a Pantera shirt and the guitarist noticed and leaned off the stage to give me his guitar pick and he said "that's for the shirt" :) I met him after the show and he signed my shirt as well, hehe. Anyway, Let The Bodies Hit the Floor came on and I couldn't breathe at a few points, my friend asked security to pull her out cause it got so bad But I think it was a blast minus the pain (before it got really bad).

I think i'm obsessed w/DP now..great live performance!!

And finally, Seether came out. They did about 12 songs and played some Nirvana, some Alice in Chains (nutshell :wub: ) and ended with Remedy where everyone went crazy again.

All in all, that was an amazing concert!!... I'd definatley reccomend seeing them if they come around rock3

The Black Crowes?? Or is it a Seether song?

Edit: whoops I just checked, its a Seether song :P

duff21

Edited by duff_mckagan21

I'm going to see Drowning Pool w/ Nonpoint and Skindred on Friday. Looking forward to it. I saw the next to last show with Dave Williams before he died, and they rocked. I was a fan of Soil when Ryan was singing for them, so I'm thinking this should be a good show. I've seen Nonpoint and Skindred before, and they always bring it.

I'm going to see Drowning Pool w/ Nonpoint and Skindred on Friday. Looking forward to it. I saw the next to last show with Dave Williams before he died, and they rocked. I was a fan of Soil when Ryan was singing for them, so I'm thinking this should be a good show. I've seen Nonpoint and Skindred before, and they always bring it.

Have fun at Skindred! They rock.

You waited for 2 hours to see Seether? :huh:

Ah well, whatever floats yer boat.

Well, judging from previous experience, you gotta be right in front for an "okay" show to be excellent. It probably would have sucked if I was stuck in the back..cause the club they played at was all gen. admission floor.

You waited for 2 hours to see Seether? :huh:

Ah well, whatever floats yer boat.

Well, judging from previous experience, you gotta be right in front for an "okay" show to be excellent. It probably would have sucked if I was stuck in the back..cause the club they played at was all gen. admission floor.

Ahh, a club venue. Fair enough.

Well, I guess I won't be seeing Drowning Pool tonight. Their bass player has been stricken with Bell's Palsy so the remainder of their tour has been cancelled. That's twice in a year that DP has had to cancel my area.

Atleast Nonpoint and Skindred will still be rockin'!

First and only time i saw Drowning Pool was in june 2002 with the original singer Dave Williams. Great fucking show. What i always will remember about this show is how Dave interacts with the audience. Like that moment when he introduces the band:"Hey,we are Drowning Pool from Dallas Texas. As you might know there is another small metalband from Dallas Texas. Pantera." :lol: Just hilarious.

I think no band should be ever allowed to cover Nutshell.

You have a point there...but he did a pretty good job with it, and it seemed liked it was almost an emotional outlet for him. Very heartfelt part of the night.

Yeah, I believe that.

It's just that it's so totally Layne's song. It's just 100% Layne.