Anyone know anything about viruses?? (pc)

rubbermade_baby

I think I have a virus that's affecting my windows messenger. It started yesterday when my friend send me a zipped folder, which I opened, only my friend said she didn't send a file at all. Now all my contacts have been saying that I am sending them zipped folders and writing weird stuff. My friends mum also said this is happening to her... she is not on my contact list. So I ran avg and it found 5 virues and healed them but my messenger is still sending out these files and if someone tries to talk to me the windows flash and then close. I have changed my password on numerous occasions aswell...

Does anyone know anything about this or know what I could possibly do?

I'm not technically minded at all...

Thanks

First things first.... DO NOT CONNECT TO MSN UNTIL THE PROBLEM IS RESOLVED!!!!

Go to download.com and search for AVG Free. From there you can download AVG Free Anti-Virus.

Install the program and run a scan on your computer. You'll probably detect a few viruses. AVG will get rid of them.

If you have any problems, let me know.

Don't open any files that are sent to you unless you know that person and they told you that they were sending you something. Be sure to tell your friends not to open any files that they don't know about either. AVG should detect a virus if one is sent over MSN, but it's still best to play it safe.

I think I have a virus that's affecting my windows messenger. It started yesterday when my friend send me a zipped folder, which I opened, only my friend said she didn't send a file at all. Now all my contacts have been saying that I am sending them zipped folders and writing weird stuff. My friends mum also said this is happening to her... she is not on my contact list. So I ran avg and it found 5 virues and healed them but my messenger is still sending out these files and if someone tries to talk to me the windows flash and then close. I have changed my password on numerous occasions aswell...

Does anyone know anything about this or know what I could possibly do?

I'm not technically minded at all...

Thanks

Here is your solution

I think this is the program i used when i had that problem. If not Highvoltage might know.

best of luck.

Edited by Vogstar90_G'N'R

i had the same virus, some stupid message like "are these pictures too sexy for myspace?" then they would enclose a zipped folder.

just use AVG free, thatw what i used. ;)

That's exactly what I've been getting!

Here is your solution

I think this is the program i used when i had that problem. If not Highvoltage might know.

best of luck.

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense... Guess I didn't remove it properly first time round

First things first.... DO NOT CONNECT TO MSN UNTIL THE PROBLEM IS RESOLVED!!!!

Go to download.com and search for AVG Free. From there you can download AVG Free Anti-Virus.

Install the program and run a scan on your computer. You'll probably detect a few viruses. AVG will get rid of them.

If you have any problems, let me know.

Don't open any files that are sent to you unless you know that person and they told you that they were sending you something. Be sure to tell your friends not to open any files that they don't know about either. AVG should detect a virus if one is sent over MSN, but it's still best to play it safe.

good advice. AVG is FREE and better than most antivirus that you pay for like norton and mcafee.

• 2 weeks later...