Trojans!

kaddisonmoore

Ive had trojan horse a few times- I use Norton Internet Security, that normally sorts it out. I think it normally quarrantines the affected file. However, I have some recollection of getting the file name, putting it into "search" in documents, it would find the file, which you then can delete, and then delete from your trash bin. done.

go out, get your hands on an external hard drive, save everything to that, then use your master cd's to completely re-install windows. if you keep using the external to save everything, every time you get a trojan, it wont have any affect on the files on there, and you can simply re-install windows without any hassle. also, www.download.com and look for AVG anti-virus, free for life

There are a lot of useful freeware programs to eliminate trojans or malware in general without the need to reinstall the complete system.

Try hijackthis or SpyBot. But you still need a little bit of understanding how a trojan works, in the majority of cases not only one or more exe file is there but also one or several dll files.

Maybe the name of the file would help.

There are a lot of useful freeware programs to eliminate trojans or malware in general without the need to reinstall the complete system.

Try hijackthis or SpyBot. But you still need a little bit of understanding how a trojan works, in the majority of cases not only one or more exe file is there but also one or several dll files.

Maybe the name of the file would help.

spybot is only good against spyware, trojans are not really affected by it, im speaking from experience lol.

^^Thanks God I only had one trojan so far and I was able to remove.

I only suggested Spybot because a lot of friends of mine use it and they are pretty satisfied with it, but I understand you.

Your recommodation of the external drive is the best to keep your stuff on a safe place in case something like a virus affects your system.

#1 – a great website that offers a free spyware scan & cleanup

http://housecall.trendmicro.com

#2 – click the spyglass picture or the “scan now. Its free”.

The program will bring up a new screen.

Click the “I agree” box & then click the Launch Housecall Button

#3 – The program will then prompt to use either Java or browser – choose the Java

Your security will then ask if its ok to run the program – click Run

#4 – It will then ask if you want to scan the complete computer or just a folder – click to scan the whole computer

The program will then chug away for 5-30 minutes & when done will show a list of issues. As I mentioned

Everyone will have cookies, it’s the adware, spyware, malware that we want to eliminate

#5 – The program will allow you to choose what to do with each problem (fix/delete/do nothing) and then click the button at the bottom to proceed with your choices.

yeah im back with more problems. i had a couple torrents going then i got spyware. can anyone help me out and find something to get rid of them? im scaning with a free mcafee thing but i dont think it does spyware much

thanks

that's why PC Stands for Pieceo Crap! I don't my family's PC that much anymore I use my Mac. Anyways get ad-aware SE Personal. It works wonders also get AVAST! Antivirus. That also is cool too.

that's why PC Stands for Pieceo Crap! I don't my family's PC that much anymore I use my Mac. Anyways get ad-aware SE Personal. It works wonders also get AVAST! Antivirus. That also is cool too.

And Mac's aren't personal computers? :huh:

Both computers that use Apple's software and other softwares use x86 architecture for the most part :xmassrudolph:

Both computers that use Apple's software and other softwares use x86 architecture for the most part :xmassrudolph:

But macs dont get viruses(but they have their own problems...).

But macs dont get viruses(but they have their own problems...).

Yeah they do :huh:

The fact that OS X uses a Unix based Kernel makes it "safer" than Vista in some regards, but you can still get viruses. Shit I could make a virus for it if I wanted to -_-.

If you use a linux distro and get a virus, you deserve it. You have to be utterly retarded to get a virus on linux.