Questions on Ibanez and Jackson guitars

hey all,

first off, i'm in the market for buying a guitar and out of your personal experience do you think a ibanez or a jackson is better? I know that it depends on many many things, but i like playing mainly rock and metal but not this 'nu metal' stuff. which would better suit me do you think?

also, do any of you know which brand of guitar Scotti Hill from Skid Row uses? is it the RG series of Ibanez or a Jackon cause i can never get a close up look.

muchos gracias :heart:

Really you can get most sounds out of a Gibson Les Paul.. take a listen to something like "Diary of a Madman" or something like that, with Randy Rhoads, and then obviously you've got the classic "Slash Tone".. and you can do some really heavy stuff like Zakk Wylde's style of music.

Really you can get most sounds out of a Gibson Les Paul.. take a listen to something like "Diary of a Madman" or something like that, with Randy Rhoads, and then obviously you've got the classic "Slash Tone".. and you can do some really heavy stuff like Zakk Wylde's style of music.

What if they want a trem?

You cant get those sounds out of a Gibson Les Paul, unless you spend LOADS on one with a bigsby, or get one fitted, which I dont recomend.

Edited by Slash Guitarist

Go into a shop, try out both, or even loads of different guitars within your budget.

And get the one that suits you best, not the one that people on here think would be good.

Its all about how comfortable YOU are with each guitar. :)

thanks, im gonna go into sounds in bristol but i thought i should have a general idea before i went in. i am not keen on gibson les pauls simply because the body's too heavy and it falls sideways off my lap. :)

You cant get those sounds out of a Gibson Les Paul, unless you spend LOADS on one with a bigsby, or get one fitted, which I dont recomend.

And why is it that you wouldn't reccomend this?

a bigsby has nothing like the versatility of the edge pro 2 bridges on the ibanez. bigsbys aint for squealing and getting crazy ass sounds out of a la dimebag. its just to add a bit of vibro.

If this was directed at me I know fully well the ups and downs of the different systems, I read the post as if he didn't reccomend someone to fit a bigsby on a guitar that hasn't got one from the factory and wondered why he thought so.

fender wins

:rolleyes:

They kill the tone and devalue the guitar.

They kill the tone and devalue the guitar.

Oh they 'kill' the tone do they? Care to post any evidence of this speculation?

• 3 weeks later...
Do yourself a favour and try a Parker Fly!

They are among the ugliest guitars I've ever seen but with those graphite fingerboards they play like a dream.

I think it is the most beautiful guitar out there and yes they do play like a dream.