Nikki Sixx

bleekstreak

Anyone hear about this Nikki Sixx special on tv this week? From what I’ve read it’s about his OD and how he’s managed to pull himself back together. I’ve heard the story a bunch of times but this one seems like a pretty complete recap of what happened straight from the horses mouth so I’m intrigued . Airs on fuse on Thursday night I believe.

Is it just me, or does he really enjoy milking those drug and OD stories?

Would you say that Magic Johnson milks his AIDS story? Or Lance Armstrong milking cancer? There's nothing wrong with a celebrity who almost died spreading awareness of what happened to him and how people can avoid it. Nik talking about staying away from drugs is like Magic promoting safe sex and Lance promoting self examination and frequent check-ins with a doctor. He can "milk it" all he wants. I genuinely think this can help people, and if his book saves one life, how can anyone complain?

Well, he has a book to promote - and a CD that was made to go with the book.

So, of course, he's promoting them. Why wouldn't he?

Whenever I hear about him, it's in some kind of relation to drugs - like naming his book "The Heroin Diaries" or whatever it was.

Whenever I hear about him, it's in some kind of relation to drugs - like naming his book "The Heroin Diaries" or whatever it was.

He loved drugs, even more than your hero Kurt Cobain (who wasn't strong enough for drugs).

Edited by JKKDARK

He loved drugs, even more than your hero Kurt Cobain (who wasn't strong enough for drugs).

:rofl-lol:

No, Kurt Cobain was a drug addict who took drugs privately and fought a serious addiction along with depression. He was the Ian Curtis of that generation, but I don't really expect you to know who Ian Curtis is, because he was in a talented band and didn't wear spandex.

Nikki Sixx is a partyboy who shot heroin into his penis because he thought it would be cool to see what would happen. He just published a massive book entirely about drugs, taking drugs, and what happens after you take drugs, that glamorizes the lifestyle of partying hard and having tons of money, then at the very end basically says, "Oh, but by the way, don't take drugs, they're really bad. I gotta get back to my mansion to party now, thanks for reading, and don't forget to buy my album!"

It's not a cautionary tale. And those journal entries aren't real - he wrote them recently, and you can tell because halfway through the book he got lazy and started to use the same diary entry dates over and over again (e.g. "4:30 p.m."). It's no different than the other Motley Crue books - same style - and Nikki's ghost writer probably penned most of it anyway.

I read the book at work and shared excerpts with a couple other people and we all laughed at how downright awful it is. I was willing to give him benefit of the doubt, because during the introduction he tries to claim he hated being on drugs and wants to warn people about them, but he literally goes on and on and on glamorizing - albeit darkly - the lifestyle he led. He brags about how he was backstage at a gig and his manager came back to see him with this girl he (the manager) was dating, and Nikki started to have sex with the girl - right there in front of his friend/manager, who happened to also be the girl's boyfriend. He made him stand there and watch as he basically raped his drunk girlfriend. AWESOME! Or how about when he refers to girls who have "fuck-me eyes" who wear "fuck-me pumps" and all those stories of girls he practically raped in his hotel rooms while he was in relationships with other women? AWESOME! ROCK N' ROLL, MAN!

But then I read some of Tommy Lee's book the other day - and it's much worse. I really dig his nude photo in the middle of the book, the one where he looks like a girl and he's covering his crotch with a tie.

Edited by Estranged Reality

No, Kurt Cobain was a drug addict who took drugs privately and fought a serious addiction along with depression. He was the Ian Curtis of that generation, but I don't really expect you to know who Ian Curtis is, because he was in a talented band and didn't wear spandex.

Nikki Sixx is a partyboy who shot heroin into his penis because he thought it would be cool to see what would happen. He just published a massive book entirely about drugs, taking drugs, and what happens after you take drugs, that glamorizes the lifestyle of partying hard and having tons of money, then at the very end basically says, "Oh, but by the way, don't take drugs, they're really bad. I gotta get back to my mansion to party now, thanks for reading, and don't forget to buy my album!"

It's not a cautionary tale. And those journal entries aren't real - he wrote them recently, and you can tell because halfway through the book he got lazy and started to use the same diary entry dates over and over again (e.g. "4:30 p.m."). It's no different than the other Motley Crue books - same style - and Nikki's ghost writer probably penned most of it anyway.

I read the book at work and shared excerpts with a couple other people and we all laughed at how downright awful it is. I was willing to give him benefit of the doubt, because during the introduction he tries to claim he hated being on drugs and wants to warn people about them, but he literally goes on and on and on glamorizing - albeit darkly - the lifestyle he led. He brags about how he was backstage at a gig and his manager came back to see him with this girl he (the manager) was dating, and Nikki started to have sex with the girl - right there in front of his friend/manager, who happened to also be the girl's boyfriend. He made him stand there and watch as he basically raped his drunk girlfriend. AWESOME! Or how about when he refers to girls who have "fuck-me eyes" who wear "fuck-me pumps" and all those stories of girls he practically raped in his hotel rooms while he was in relationships with other women? AWESOME! ROCK N' ROLL, MAN!

But then I read some of Tommy Lee's book the other day - and it's much worse. I really dig his nude photo in the middle of the book, the one where he looks like a girl and he's covering his crotch with a tie.

Good.

Good.

Glad you liked it.

Excuse you! Dont you EVER compare Ian Curtis to that wanker Kurt Cobain!

:rolleyes:

Come on.

I'm not much of a Cobain fan, personally, but their private lives were rather comparable, as well as the influence their music had on each generation and their eventual outcomes.

Come on.

I'm not much of a Cobain fan, personally, but their private lives were rather comparable, as well as the influence their music had on each generation and their eventual outcomes.

But Nirvana are so overrated and crap, whereas Joy Division are great! :no:

hey, you've gotta make money, moaaar money.

if you don't like him don't buy his books/cd's

i hated the heroin diaries personally, although I loved reading the dirt, and I loved slash's biography.

and obviously, it's called the heroin diaries since it's about a year in the life of a heroin addict.. to be fair he's hardly glamourising it with the title, more just so you know what you're getting.

don't like it, don't buy it!

Come on.

But that doesn't really have to do with what I was saying about their lives being comparable. Even if you dislike the music, Cobain was the equivalent of an Ian Curtis-type figure for his generation. I didn't say their music was as good, although most people would probably say they were about equal. I prefer Joy Division too.

Come on.

But that doesn't really have to do with what I was saying about their lives being comparable. Even if you dislike the music, Cobain was the equivalent of an Ian Curtis-type figure for his generation. I didn't say their music was as good, although most people would probably say they were about equal. I prefer Joy Division too.

I dont think they were equal at all! As far as I know, Ian Curtis wasnt a junkie!

I dont think they were equal at all! As far as I know, Ian Curtis wasnt a junkie!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Curtis

In the early hours of Sunday, May 18, 1980, in his kitchen after having viewed Werner Herzog's film Stroszek and listening to Iggy Pop's The Idiot, Curtis hanged himself. Many rumours surround the possible reasons for his suicide, with his poor health (due to drug use, an exhaustive performing schedule and related epilepsy problems) and failed marriage most often suggested.

He was a pretty regular drug (ab)user - the fact that he so often suffered from epileptic fits and was depressive probably wasn't a very good mix.

He was a pretty miserable guy in his personal life. I suggest seeing the new film Control, which has been getting a lot of critical praise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Curtis

In the early hours of Sunday, May 18, 1980, in his kitchen after having viewed Werner Herzog's film Stroszek and listening to Iggy Pop's The Idiot, Curtis hanged himself. Many rumours surround the possible reasons for his suicide, with his poor health (due to drug use, an exhaustive performing schedule and related epilepsy problems) and failed marriage most often suggested.

He was a pretty regular drug (ab)user - the fact that he so often suffered from epileptic fits and was depressive probably wasn't a very good mix.

He was a pretty miserable guy in his personal life.

Just because someone uses drugs, that doesnt mean they're addicted to them. :confused:

The point I was trying to make, is that Ian Curtis is a great frontman and his music is great, he might have been a miserable guy, but you dont have to stoop so slow and compare him to a pathetic musician like Kurt Cobain. :no:

"Crap" is a reflection of how you react to the music you play, so I can't really stop you from thinking so. But saying that Nirvana are "overrated" is just denying facts; Nirvana deserves every little bit of credibility they get.

"Crap" is a reflection of how you react to the music you play, so I can't really stop you from thinking so. But saying that Nirvana are "overrated" is just denying facts; Nirvana deserves every little bit of credibility they get.

I agree, we wouldn't see dangerous Rock bands like Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance in the mainstream if it weren't by Nirvana.

I agree, we wouldn't see dangerous Rock bands like Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance in the mainstream if it weren't by Nirvana.

1) Just because a band is "dangerous" doesn't mean they're good

2) You wouldn't have had Nirvana without The Beatles and the Velvet Underground and the Pixies, three of the greatest bands of all-time, so what's your point? We also wouldn't have had a lot of great modern indie bands without Nirvana.

3) You're a fucking idiot.