Sex Pistols to release live dvd!

Zint

yeah i heard about that :) we've had a really involved little natter about this before haven't we? :lol: as silly as it may seem, this band can get away with anything (almost, in my books). i cant tell you what it means the first time to see and hear (not first hand obviously) a band like this...means so much on so many different levels that i cant begin to touch upon without writing the most involved ramble this side of mein kampf. from loving music and seeing musicians as these untouchable images of untouchable cool to see a bunch of snotty fuckers around my age that could just as well be me (thats a little too neat but you get my point right, clueless kids *or were they?*) playing loud raucous fuckin...God, i dont even know what to call it :lol: and...its sounds like a real sheep of the herd thing but...it just (not just the music but the surrounding ideas/ideology) blew so much out of the fucking water for me, like nah fuck that, it aint like that, its like THIS..i cant tell ya what that...amounts to. this is all very trite isnt it? but yeah, they're responsible for that, for better or worse, thats a lot to pin on a band isnt it? or...possibly a better way of phrasing it would be that they began something...in a lot of other people to i think its not too unfair to point out. its a really valuable thing, the right jolt at the right time. why am i saying all this? i dunno, possibly cuz i came off like a real (insert whatever i came off as) in the preceding Pistols chat we had, chat? discussion? you know what i mean :)

but yeah, cool!!! :)

i cant tell you what it means the first time to see and hear (not first hand obviously) a band like this...means so much on so many different levels that i cant begin to touch upon without writing the most involved ramble this side of mein kampf.

You don't need to explain it to me,I know exactly what you're talking about.

Think about this for a bit...imagine what it was like hearing it for the first time in the 70's!!!

The world was a much different place.

It was a fucking sledghammer over the skull man...trust me!

from loving music and seeing musicians as these untouchable images of untouchable cool to see a bunch of snotty fuckers around my age that could just as well be me (thats a little too neat but you get my point right, clueless kids *or were they?*) playing loud raucous fuckin...God, i dont even know what to call it

call it self expression...and that was part of the inherit beauty,it was accessable to anyone who wanted it

there were no boundaries on capabilities or thought

..impulsive art

not just the music but the surrounding ideas/ideology) blew so much out of the fucking water for me, like nah fuck that, it aint like that, its like THIS

exactly!

The ideaolgy/Ideas that you referred to...just nailed us,from the downtown core art scene to the stifling boredom of suburban life...we answered the call.

they're responsible for that, for better or worse, thats a lot to pin on a band isnt it? or...possibly a better way of phrasing it would be that they began something...in a lot of other people to i think its not too unfair to point out. its a really valuable thing, the right jolt at the right time. why am i saying all this? i dunno, possibly cuz i came off like a real (insert whatever i came off as) in the preceding Pistols chat we had, chat? discussion? you know what i mean :)

My only beefs were...well...you know what they were.

I'll buy the dvd for sure...sounds fun....but I don't want a free Dr. Pepper for doing so. ;)

...nice post ffrank! :)

i never thought there could be a band more over-hyped, over-played and over-rated than Nirvana....than i was introduced to the Sex Pistols

overplayed????????????? where is this place that is pumping the sex pistols, i'd REALLY like to know..over-hyped, hmmm, the sheer volume of bands and the originality of the bands that started as a DIRECT RESULT of the sex pistols (some to the extent of seeing them play and literally forming bands the next day) makes them deserved of a shitload of hype and thats just starters. that enough justifies the hype and thats without all the other aspects of the game that they put their special little dent in. overrated? shit, they got nothing but shit in their day and they're still getting it. but the few are enough, always have been always will be, everyone else is welcome too :) thats what punk rock is about, just so everybody knows, there IS an option.

Edited by ffrankwhite