Year Zero & Ghosts I-IV

GNR=Greatness

Year Zero was alright, terrible live, no matter how many lights and effects he threw at it. As for ghosts, eh, they are what it says on the release, day dreaming music. I think he should go back on drugs...

I kinda like ghosts, because you can kind of make whatever u want of the music because there are no lyrics or actual meanings behind it. As for Year Zero, I got it when it first came out last year, and I'm still trying to decide whether I like it or not. There are days when I do, and days when I just think, what the hell was Trent trying to accomplish with this? I loved everything up to and including The Fragile. I think probably one of the best things he put out was the Still EP with the stripped down versions of some of his older songs.

Edited by GNR=Greatness

Year Zero was alright, terrible live, no matter how many lights and effects he threw at it. As for ghosts, eh, they are what it says on the release, day dreaming music. I think he should go back on drugs...

I kinda like ghosts, because you can kind of make whatever u want of the music because there are no lyrics or actual meanings behind it. As for Year Zero, I got it when it first came out last year, and I'm still trying to decide whether I like it or not. There are days when I do, and days when I just think, what the hell was Trent trying to accomplish with this? I loved everything up to and including The Fragile. I think probably one of the best things he put out was the Still EP with the stripped down versions of some of his older songs.

Still was pretty great alright. AATCHB is one of his best. With Teeth wasn't all that bad in my opinion half of it is pretty good stuff. I'm not looking forward to year zero pt2 tho...

I do like Year Zero, I think I'm just having a hard time liking it as much as Trent's previous stuff. It's like you said, I think he needs to go back on the drugs. LOL

Well now that Robin is back with him, who knows? Hopefully Axl hasn't turned Robin into a health freak...

Year Zero-Trent should stick to "Self Loathing" as that is what he's best at. Capital G is probably the worst NIN song ever in my opinion.

Ghosts I-IV-Seems like decent background music but I haven't given it enough of a listen yet.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Year Zero was alright - Some of Trent's best work, some of his worst, and some songs that just sit there and don't do anything. For all of its great moments, there are a few flat-out obnoxious moments that bring the whole experience down a few notches.

As for Ghosts, I'm actually digging it - Particularly Vols. III and IV. Some really interesting stuff that accomplishes what it sets out to do as daydreaming music.

Looking back at it, YZ wasn't as great as my fanboy ears believed it was when it was released.

Ghosts is great though, I love how it's all instrumental. It literally is the soundtrack for day dreams.