Dave Grohl writes open letter to Metallica

Randy Lahey

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=96595

DAVE GROHL's 'Open Letter' To METALLICA - May 8, 2008

Former NIRVANA drummer and current FOO FIGHTERS frontman Dave Grohl has released the following "open letter" to METALLICA:

"Dear METALLICA,

"Hey, it's Dave! Remember me? Yeah, I'm the guy that's been listening to your band faithfully since 1983. I bought your first album 'Kill 'Em All' from a mailorder catalogue called Under The Rainbow, I think. Actually I can't remember. It was 1983 for Christsakes! But that album changed my life and I've been listening to your albums ever since (even 'St Anger'!).

"I can't wait to hear the new shit, and no matter what you guys do I'll always be first one at the shop waiting to hear it. I'm sure you'll come out and blow everybody's fuckin' minds, because you're fuckin' METALLICA!

"Good luck. And don't release it until it's kick-ass.

"Yours, Dave Grohl.

"P.S. Are you finished recording the drums yet?"

Edited by Randy Lahey

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=96595

DAVE GROHL's 'Open Letter' To METALLICA - May 8, 2008

Former NIRVANA drummer and current FOO FIGHTERS frontman Dave Grohl has released the following "open letter" to METALLICA:

"Dear METALLICA,

"Hey, it's Dave! Remember me? Yeah, I'm the guy that's been listening to your band faithfully since 1983. I bought your first album 'Kill 'Em All' from a mailorder catalogue called Under The Rainbow, I think. Actually I can't remember. It was 1983 for Christsakes! But that album changed my life and I've been listening to your albums ever since (even 'St Anger'!).

"I can't wait to hear the new shit, and no matter what you guys do I'll always be first one at the shop waiting to hear it. I'm sure you'll come out and blow everybody's fuckin' minds, because you're fuckin' METALLICA!

"Good luck. And don't release it until it's kick-ass.

"Yours, Dave Grohl.

"P.S. Are you finished recording the drums yet?"

Funny.

I'm not digging the foos new shit

But I love the self titled,the colour and the shape, and nothing left to lose

I've met Dave a few times and he was really cool

Anyway why is he sucking up to Metallica is it sarcasm?

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

i dunno what to feel about Dave Grohl...great drummer and i really dug the foos first album, i aint gonna front. i guess i prefered him a lot more when he was...sort of snotty dissident punk in attitude and expression :lol:

:lol:

good good

*claps*

can ya do that too? ;) do that for me and i'll get you some crayons..

Ooops teh "almighty" frankywhite is offended.

Dude don't take yourself so seriously. We know that behind the :lol: a pretentious guy is trying to amaze the ignorant teenagers of the forum. ;)

good good

*claps*

can ya do that too? do that for me and i'll get you some crayons..

Ooops teh "almighty" frankywhite is offended.

Dude don't take yourself so seriously. We know that behind the :lol: a pretentious guy is trying to amaze the ignorant teenagers of the forum. ;)

Bad morning? :lol: cheer up, its friday :)

actually it was someone laughing at his own pretentiousness, its called not taking yourself too seriously, you should try it sometimes, dare ignorant teenager me offer you advice? :confused:

Edited by ffrankwhite

That's the only bad thing about the Foo Fighters, we never get to hear Dave drum anymore :(.

I can't really think of anyone apart from maybe Mike Portnoy or Freese that can match Dave's pure awesomeness on the skins, and if you can tell me. It better not be some gay ass metal drummer either, they may be fast, but that doesn't count for much.

Edited by FunkyMonk

That's the only bad thing about the Foo Fighters, we never get to hear Dave drum anymore :(.

I can't really think of anyone apart from maybe Mike Portnoy or Freese that can match Dave's pure awesomeness on the skins, and if you can tell me. It better not be some gay ass metal drummer either, they may be fast, but that doesn't count for much.

He played the drums for one song last foo fighters concert I went too

look no further than the legendary, the amazing, the brilliant, the indestructable Keith Moon :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqRytQospMA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUu0B63qnAI

that second one particularly...try em...there is actually no greater drummer than Keith Moon that i've ever seen :)