ABC

Lithium

Is it just my dirty mind or is this conceivably innocent bubblegum song sung by a twelve year old Michael Jackson and his siblings actually about sex? :lol:

Come on and love me just a little bit

I'm gonna teach you how to sing it out

The boy wants the girl to sleep with him, and he says that he will teach her how to "sing it out" ergo get an orgasm.

...but without the roots of love everyday girl

your education ain't complete

"the roots of love" = "the very foundation of love" = sex? And since having sex is as far as you can go, you need to do it to have a "complete" love-life.

Sit down girl, I think I love ya'

No, get up girl, show me what you can do

Shake it, shake it baby, come on now

Shake it, shake it baby, oooh, oooh

Shake it, shake it baby, yeah

And what is this - an invitation to dance? I doubt it, Macko Jacko. :lol:

Yeah, um...really doubtful.

ABC (along with most of the other Jackson 5 songs) was written by a group of record producers called "The Corporation". I doubt that the very people who were funding and producing them would give them a song about sex to perform.

It's an innocent little song, how you percieve the lyrics is totally up to you.

Fuck, that's right, Berry Gordy and those guys?

At least I'm not as fucked up as this guy at Songmeanings who thought that "ABC" was an anagram for "Abducting Blind Children" :lol:

Anagram is changing the order of letters in a word so that it makes a new word i.e. Axl Rose - oral sex.

ABC is an abbreviation.

At least I'm not as fucked up as this guy at Songmeanings who thought that "ABC" was an anagram for "Abducting Blind Children" :lol:

Anagram is changing the order of letters in a word so that it makes a new word i.e. Axl Rose - oral sex.

ABC is an abbreviation.

Isn't that an acronym?

I always thought abbreviation is shortening something, whereas an Acronym is where it stands for something. Such as BBC.

Either way, this is one of those songs that i recall being sung on buses on school trips loudly by all the little children, so i do hope it is something equally sinister.

Edited by JAC185

ABC is an abbreviation.

Isn't that an acronym?

I always thought abbreviation is shortening something, whereas an Acronym is where it stands for something. Such as BBC.

correct :)

the wonders a little well placed dance number in a Kevin Smith movie can do for your retro appeal :rolleyes:

indeed

I'd rant about total shit movies aimed at teens and product placement and...ah forget it.

the wonders a little well placed dance number in a Kevin Smith movie can do for your retro appeal :rolleyes:

indeed

I'd rant about total shit movies aimed at teens and product placement and...ah forget it.

but we mustn't ;)