Jon Bon Jovi: 'Girls pay to see my rear'

JKKDARK

Now ok, I'll take back that "only sells music off his looks" comment, but I will say that they are such a huge singles band (moreso than most). They make great singles, I mean who doesn't know all the words to Livin' on a Prayer or It's My Life. Everyone in the 80's knew who they were for Livin' on a Prayer, and they came back in the 90's for this whole generation with the huge hit they had with It's My Life. But honestly, if they didn't have It's My Life back then, they'd be dead by now, that song really kept them alive in the mainstream. Since then what have they had? Have a Nice Day? That's gotta be the most immasculating rock song of the last 10 years, dreadful. They don't have albums and albums of great material, just great singles that keep propping them up every 5 or so years.

As a single, It's My Life was less successful than You Want to Make a Memory and Have a Nice Day. These last two singles reached Gold status in the US.

'It's My Life' was the 3rd most successful global single (based on airplay & sales) of 2000. You are incorrect. Besides, 'It's My Life' wasn't available for sale in the United States; it was a radio-airplay magnet.

yeh thats true

is anyone here seeing them at twickenham later this month?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uauauauau

speaking of which... can people tell me what happened to Chinese Democracy? Axl's been working on it for some 10-years. ridicolous.

at least some other bands are trying out new things. And - likewise Bon Jovi - their tour is the most profitable tour of 2008.

uauauauau

speaking of which... can people tell me what happened to Chinese Democracy? Axl's been working on it for some 10-years. ridicolous.

at least some other bands are trying out new things. And - likewise Bon Jovi - their tour is the most profitable tour of 2008.

exactly...i went too both of the twickenham dates and they was better than ANYTHING ive seen

Bon Jovi is a fucking retard.

I would'nt say he's retarded. He's actually quite smart. Anyone who can suck so bad, yet still make so much $$$ has to have a little brains.......or is smart enough to hire those with enough brains to make him money

yeh but they dont suck

your just all in this fucking little world...i cant even be bothered

Bon Jovi does suck though. All they have is Slippery When Wet which is only good because everyone loves to singalong to shit like Livin' On a Prayer on Saturday nights and shit.

yeh like fuck....you got loads more, dry county, its my life, always, bed of roses, lay your hands on me, wanted dead or alive, raise your hands, wild is the wind, in these arms, this aint a love song, runaway, stick to your guns, lost highway, wanna make a memory, prayer, you give love a bad name, have a nice day...there are a LOT more...their all good

why's this thread even carrying its stupid...you have to repeat yourself like 20 times...but at the end of the day its opinions, i wont change yours you aint got no chance of changing mine

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article.html?i...mp;in_page_id=7

Jon Bon Jovi says his female fans are really just paying to see his rear end.

Ahead of his UK tour, 46-year-old, says, 'They pay me for two things: singing and shaking my rear end. So hopefully they are still coming and feeling good about themselves too...'

Jovi and his band will kick things off in Southampton on June 11 before closing with two mega dates at London's Twickenham stadium at the end of June.

Bon Jovi's gay and so are you. Bon Jovi is the reason I hate Axl right now. GN'R doesn't have to live off one excellent album but Bon Jovi is Slippery When Wet. If they didn't have that good album under their belt, they'd be in the proverbial hair-metal bin along with Poison and all those other fags.

You can say that also for Guns N' Roses and its AFD.

And GN'R Lies, and Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II

he said Slippery When Wet was the only good album from Bon Jovi, so then New Jersey is also good? It reached 7x Platinum, more than Lies and the same as UYI1 and UYI2.

AFD is the only Guns N' Roses's studio album which appear in the Pop Catalog Charts.

Get it into your head you fucking moron commerical success does not equal respect or critical success.

they must be doing something right because they've been selling out stadiums for the last twenty years. that and album sales are measurable facts. "critical success" is just some magazine writer deciding if it's good music or not, which is opinion.

and respect? that's just worrying about what other people think. do your thing, be happy with it and move on. which is what bon jovi does and millions have been happy with it.