Really cool band i'd like to get a few opinions on

ffrankwhite

initially emailed this to Zint cuz i figured he'd be the only one to dig this sort of thing but fuck it, y'know, music is music, im sure somebody'd like it..click the link, check out the songs My Country, No Hope For The Living and NY Ripper...these guys are basically a late 70s punk band from NYC (Jersey really but most of their shit went down in the apple, at Max's and shit) and...yeah, i dunno, i like, i think they're a kinda lost gem, really special, lots of potential...check em out and opinions if you'd be so kind :)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=85683973

I'm glad I don't judge you on your tastes in music :)

Nah :lol: They're not my thing, obviously as you said, more of you and a zint thing, but I can appreciate where you're coming from as a dilettante punk fan. Just too trashy and unorganized for me :)

Never heard of them.

From what I read about them elsewhere they were second gen punk from New Jersey.

The tunes sound very second gen brit punk influenced...almost skin.

Bless em for acheiving the nearly unachievable at the time and putting a 45 together.

Local heroes who crashed and burned fairly quickly from what I gather.

Scrappy...

...not bad

Live shows were probably fun though.

Never heard of them.

From what I read about them elsewhere they were second gen punk from New Jersey.

The tunes sound very second gen brit punk influenced...almost skin.

Bless em for acheiving the nearly unachievable at the time and putting a 45 together.

Local heroes who crashed and burned fairly quickly from what I gather.

Scrappy...

...not bad

Live shows were probably fun though.

i caught onto that vibe too, the brit influenced bit. theres a distinct londonesque sneer to the lead singer. i really like that line "land where Sid Vicious died, for money news and apple pie while he tried to entertain me"...it never ceases to amaze me how much good shit or shit with potential came out of that era...i totally dig it, its such a shame thats all they put out. i noticed a lot with these punk bands is that they improved REALLY quickly, the good ones did. the gap, the learning, the difference between debuts and sophmores was often immense (in that they got better i mean).

the scrappy element again is something that i love. i always got that vibe from the NY Dolls, i think it was Nick Kent who said something like "they sound like they're on the verge of collapse (musically) but never actually collapse" i think thats a total misquote and im not even sure if it was Nick Kent but its like...a perfect explanation of the appeal to me. that struggle to hold together, that sort of skin-of-their-teeth element just appeals to me massively.

anywayz, who knows what would've become of em...

There's a link at that Myspace page that goes to another site with more info.

It sounds like they only did the one 45.

Sounds like a burned out too fast scenario,some members more caught up in the reckless party aspect rather than being a progressive band (I know all about that nightmare).

Decent band,who probably could have moved beyond local hero status.