Jay Z Sticks It To Gallagher, Doubters

mahimahi

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so in your own words the beatles never really changed much.

and this is the point you're trying to make, I see now

hows that in my words, where'd i say that?

oh and the childish insults were a result of boredom, nothing personal old boy.

i'll try to live with that ;)

and also I never ONCE claimed that the beatles or the STONES changed the entire format of rock n roll for fuck sake

took you long enough to remember, they didnt change any of it..

You've basically been arguing about NOTHING for two days, and you look a bit silly.

and whoose been matching me word for word? oops, looks like we're gonna need another dunce hat..

and despite the HUGE part they played, it never really changed much and THATS the point i am making

:question: :question: :question: :question:

and despite the HUGE part they played, it never really changed much and THATS the point i am making

the statement i made was in the context of and in regards to the format of rock n roll. which they didnt change at all. the comment it was in reference to refers to the evolution of rock n roll and its my opinion that, at least musically, rock n roll hasn't evolved much at all really. outside of all that they changed an absolutely IMMENSE amount of things in regards to popular music, the industry, hell, they invented some parts of it :)

Edited by ffrankwhite

right so we basically agree that the beatles changed music.

however the simplistic format of rock n roll will always appeal and will always remain the same.

I still dont get what you're saying, if the beatles changed music, surely they changed rock n roll, as they were after all a rock n roll band.

the term rock n roll is subjective, to many it simply means being in a band, playing your instruments and writing your own songs.

It's not like im saying the beatles changed simplistic blues and rnb chord structures into an outer galaxy other worldly structure, which every single band after them adopted.

comprende?

right so we basically agree that the beatles changed music.

however the simplistic format of rock n roll will always appeal and will always remain the same.

I still dont get what you're saying, if the beatles changed music, surely they changed rock n roll, as they were after all a rock n roll band.

the term rock n roll is subjective, to many it simply means being in a band, playing your instruments and writing your own songs.

It's not like im saying the beatles changed simplistic blues and rnb chord structures into an outer galaxy other worldly structure, which every single band after them adopted.

comprende?

what im saying basically, to put it as clearly as i can for you (not being rude or anything, just...explaining myself) is that rock n roll has never changed...the format of it has never changed. im not quite sure of the reason why that is but...y'know, of all these genres that have come about since my heroes like Jerry Lee Lewis and Chuck Berry and Elvis Presley etc have all, for a short time, incorporated elements into rock n roll but nothing has EVER really stuck to it...its always always reverted back to that Chuck Berry shit. i dunno why that is but its a historical fact. the closest i can come to providing a real answer is that rock n roll is conceptually perfect and theres nothing you can add to it or take from it that...brings enough substance or worth as to make it...y'know, a change in the musical aspect of it. fashions have come and gone, bands, trends etc but nothing has ever been able to sort of...what am i trying to say here? rock n roll hasn't evolved, i dont believe that it has evolved for the simple reason that its just perfect. it goes in circles and experimentation goes all off out there doing its thing but it always comes back man...it always comes back to those 3 chords, that backbeat.

whenever rock n roll has looked like its about to change or become something REALLY different or musicians are pushing it towards...y'know, somewhere other than what it is, the people come and change that and when i say the people i mean the kids and when i say the kids i mean the audience.

The Beatles changed a lot to do with the industry, they were first timers with a lot of innovation, they had a fucking incomparable eye/ear for melody and harmony but they simply did not change rock n roll musically...not a bit. it all just came back to a little o' this...and it always will:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z73vf4-Fmbw...feature=related

95% of what i've been going on about is in direct reference to comments you made about the beatles and the stones in reference to rock n roll, the notion that they did something to alter it as a MUSICAL FORM. which they didnt...sorry but they just didnt.

Edited by ffrankwhite