Rolling Stones

Axlized

Ok so on their last tour The Rolling Stones had some pretty big bands open for them on select shows (i.e Metallica in SF and Dave Matthews Band in Seattle)

Is there any band/artists big enough that the Rolling Stones would break their streak of not opening shows to open for them?

If the Beatles were all alive and they got back together that's the only band I could think of but of course they won't happen. I never thought the Rolling Stones were that great anyway. They have their times....

Is there any band/artists big enough that the Rolling Stones would break their streak of not opening shows to open for them?

No. The Stones are huge. They're great. They're legends. And, for any performer, it is an honour to just share the stage with them, even if it's just opening for them.

And they really are that great. There's no band like The Stones.

Am I right in thinking that the only band to turn down supporting the Rolling Stones were the Stone Roses?

That was just a PR stunt, the roses were never offered a support slot for the stones. If you read the books breaking into heaven and the stones roses and the ressurection of british pop, theres interviews with their old manager and he tells ya it was all bs. Ive read interviews with Ian Brown where hes said the same.

Am I right in thinking that the only band to turn down supporting the Rolling Stones were the Stone Roses?

That was just a PR stunt, the roses were never offered a support slot for the stones. If you read the books breaking into heaven and the stones roses and the ressurection of british pop, theres interviews with their old manager and he tells ya it was all bs. Ive read interviews with Ian Brown where hes said the same.

Ah thats interesting, thanks mate!

• 2 months later...

I have found a video that makes my day, every day these days. :) Check this one out! I didn't know that Rolling Stones were this great, with so much irony and wow what a sound they make.

I also think about "I used to love her" :rolleyes: when I see this video. What a great song and killer lyrics, hey.

Ok, back to the Stones. Check this one out now and laugh your eyes out.

:lol:

No. The Stones are huge. They're great. They're legends. And, for any performer, it is an honour to just share the stage with them, even if it's just opening for them.

And they really are that great. There's no band like The Stones.

Yes.

Ok so on their last tour The Rolling Stones had some pretty big bands open for them on select shows (i.e Metallica in SF and Dave Matthews Band in Seattle)

If the Beatles were all alive and they got back together that's the only band I could think of but of course they won't happen. I never thought the Rolling Stones were that great anyway. They have their times....

I'd imagine friends the Stones would have opened for them if asked too. The Beatles opening for the Stones, i can't get my head around that' they'd probably have co-headlined a festival.