Scott Weiland Warns About Solo LP

Marky

Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland warns fans in a new interview with Rolling Stone that they might not be thrilled with his upcoming solo effort, "Happy In Galoshes". Weiland says that the project, which is apparently a two-disc set, "may turn off some STP fans. That's just the way it is. At my age, I just do what I wanna do. There's art and there's commerce, and I've already accomplished the commerce part of my career." According to the interview, songs on the album range from Beach Boys-style pop to Bowie-esque glam rock to even country music. Weiland adds, "There's no rules. I don't have to worry about radio playing it."

The vocalist said that the album chronicles his turbulent relationship with his second wife, Mary. Weiland was arrested in 2001 for domestic violence, while Mary was busted in 2007 when she set her husband's wardrobe on fire after the couple were kicked out of a hotel for fighting.

The album is due out on November 25. A song called "Paralysis", co-written with No Doubt members Adrian Young, Tony Kanal and Tom Dumont, could be the first single.

Weiland will begin a tour in support of the record in January.

Scott Weiland

Happy in Galoshes 11/18

"There's no rules to the stuff I do on my own," ex-Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland says about his new solo disc. "I don't have to worry about radio playing it." The record — a concept album about his tumultuous marriage — was partially recorded by indie engineer Steve Albini, and features three-fourths of No Doubt. "I liken it to [Marvin Gaye's] 'I Met a Little Girl,' " he says. Unlike the straight-ahead hard rock of Velvet Revolver, the songs range in style from pop ("Missing Cleveland") to light electronica ("January Drum Machine Song"). "If it turns off the Stone Temple Pilot fans, so be it," he says. "There's art and there's commerce and at the age I'm at, I've accomplished the commerce part."

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/23181054/page/46

Knew i'd read those exact quotes before.

Check out his song Paralysis on Weiland's Myspace page. Took a few spins, but it's growing on me.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=129983632

It's one of the catchiest songs I've ever heard, I can't stop listening to it.

Good on ya, Scott.

Yep, it's definitely got a Bowie vibe to it. Weiland has never been afraid to explore many different styles of rock, you have to respect him for that.

Paralysis really isn't my cup of tea, but I'm sure I'll dig the majority of the album.

The question is will Happy best 12 Bar Blues?

12 Bar Blues is a good one

Tough to top -

I really got into that album

This one, my hopes are not too high for

The way I see it, it's going to sound like some of those bad Libertad songs minus Slash..... ugggh

Check out his song Paralysis on Weiland's Myspace page. Took a few spins, but it's growing on me.

I think the last time I checked out Scott's myspace he was still in VR. It's been awhile. That song is cool. Scott's been working on his solo album for a long time, glad it's finally coming out.

It's one of the catchiest songs I've ever heard, I can't stop listening to it.

Good on ya, Scott.

Yep, it's definitely got a Bowie vibe to it. Weiland has never been afraid to explore many different styles of rock, you have to respect him for that.

Exactly, I love that he's doing whatever the fuck he wants now; a true artist :)