Hanoi Rocks calling it quits after 20+ years...

6lake sa66ath

Just got back from the Astoria in London this evening after catching Hanoi Rocks play their last ever gig in London.

First of all it was absolutely criminal that a band of their ilk were merely support for a band like Wednesday 13, but hey what are you gonna do in these sadly superficial and fical musical times?!

Anyway, that was the first time I have ever been to said venue, which I understand is on it's last legs as well and I've gotta say I was really impressed with Mike Munroe's stage presence and enthusiasm. I'd never seen Hanoi Rocks live before, but have always wanted to having just missed them last NYE in Helsinki, Finland.

I can totally see how Axl got a lot of his inspiration for his stage show from the likes of Munroe and why they must have played a big role in inspiring the style of the 1980s era of GN'R.

Munroe was explosive for his age, constantly twirling the mic cord around his neck, jumping into the crowd and twirling the mic stand and finished by doing a massive stage dive into the mosh pit. The guy just couldn't stand in one place for more then 5 seconds, a true show man!

Anyway, I just wanted to make a thread to pay some respect to this legendary Finnish rock band who have called it a day after decades in the industry and are going to honour the remainder of their dates for the year before riding off into the sunset.

Long live Hanoi!

*Here's a link to an old Blabbermouth article from September 2007 where Mike Munroe discusses GN'R http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/Blabbermo...ewsitemID=80879 *

*Death, Jail or Rock n' Roll video clip, which features an appearance from Axl Rose http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jFYz0QP5xBQ *

Edited by Blake Sabbath

Maybe Michael Monroe will work on some more solo stuff?

He's actually got a project up and running called "Pirates of the Baltic Sea" with the drummer from the Finnish band 69 Eyes as well as a few others. Haven't heard what it's like though...

I think that was just a one-off thing... It had Dregen of Backyard Babies too.