We will see if Zeppelin will lose

Guns N Roses

Which do you prefer  

155 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one thing never got about Zeppelin... or rather Zeppelin fans...

ok... I have heard COUNTLESS guitarists... in interviews, in magazines... all sorts of things... I have heard countless guitarists say "That first time I heard the "Whole Lotta Love" solo... that's when I knew I had to take up guitar... that solo made me want to play guitar."

Why? I never thought that solo was all that impressive. It's ok... but rather average. Zeppelin has jillions of songs with better solos.

Though both band are in my top three but GNR is #1 on that list.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its because of the tension leading up to the solo and then its *dun dun* *solo*, its drama man! Also has anyone noticed that live jimmy page could never be arsed to hit that chord that splits up the four parts of the solo? I just think that is lazy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its because of the tension leading up to the solo and then its *dun dun* *solo*, its drama man! Also has anyone noticed that live jimmy page could never be arsed to hit that chord that splits up the four parts of the solo? I just think that is lazy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you are a silly girl. Jimmy Page isnt lazy. i play guitar like that. its called sloppy and sounds really good if you're page like. Page is amazin, just cos he isnt a bucket head perfectionist. you can kiss my ass

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you are a silly girl. Jimmy Page isnt lazy. i play guitar like that. its called sloppy and sounds really good if you're page like. Page is amazin, just cos he isnt a bucket head perfectionist. you can kiss my ass

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Slash is as sloppy as Jimmy. That is one of the reasons they are so great. They play with emotion and feeling that you don't get just playing sheet music. They play from their heart and soul-----

at least someone agrees :shades:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey, I agree, too! Give me credit too! I didn't get enough hugs as a child! I want some credit too! It's about ME damnit, MEEEEEEE!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quiet you! Let me bask in praise!

*tries to force DirtyDeeds back into the basket*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*sob* *sob* :( *sniff*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

okay dirty deeds and and android...no need to fight over my "almighty praise"

we all know led zep is better than gnr and that's all the personal satisfaction that we need in our hearts :D

::takes dirty deeds out of the basket and pats him on the back and hugs him :) ::

::hugs android for the hell of it :krider: ::

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You give him a pat AND a hug, AND he goes on to blaspheme about the solo in whole lotta love! :P

I think led zeppelin should win because we all voted for em :unsure:

imo Gand has a way better lead singer, &R plays ever insturment better and has a way better lead singer

:D

Page is 100 times better than Izzy or Slash. Bonham may well be the greatest drummer ever. JPJ is a superb bassist - McKagan's bass playing is barely noticeable. Oh, and as for vocals? Axl sounds like a helium powered hyena, whose privates have just been stamped on in a fit of pique. When Axl sings, I want to laugh and/or cry. Plant actually has tone and range, two vocal qualities Axl is entirely bereft of.

and better lyrics.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The sycophants on this board really are full of shit, aren't they.

Better lyrics? Page & Plant were hardly Keats or Betjeman, but they had the occasional flurry of inspiration. Guns N' Roses lyrics and Led Zeppelin lyrics do not bear comparison.

Do not be fooled by my avatar - I'm no longer a Zeppelin fan, and I find pretty much everything they've released monotonous and boring.

Edited by Lumiere

imo Gand has a way better lead singer, &R plays ever insturment better and has a way better lead singer

:D

Page is 100 times better than Izzy or Slash. Bonham may well be the greatest drummer ever. JPJ is a superb bassist - McKagan's bass playing is barely noticeable. Oh, and as for vocals? Axl sounds like a helium powered hyena, whose privates have just been stamped on in a fit of pique. When Axl sings, I want to laugh and/or cry. Plant actually has tone and range, two vocal qualities Axl is entirely bereft of.

and better lyrics.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The sycophants on this board really are full of shit, aren't they.

Better lyrics? Page & Plant were hardly Keats or Betjeman, but they had the occasional flurry of inspiration. Guns N' Roses lyrics and Led Zeppelin lyrics do not bear comparison.

Do not be fooled by my avatar - I'm no longer a Zeppelin fan, and I find pretty much everything they've released monotonous and boring.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*Paranoid Android nominates this post as 'Biggest Contradictionary post of the year'

:huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well if i have been playing guitar for two years and can play it then should should too. Its not a solo to be played in a sloppy way as it craps up the dynamic sound of the song

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well if i have been playing guitar for two years and can play it then should should too. Its not a solo to be played in a sloppy way as it craps up the dynamic sound of the song

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Think about it. Jimmy Page is a better guitarist than you. He knows what he's doing.

Try a real question next time like, which band is more talented?, or which band is your favorite?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Led Zeppelin is more talented. I love gnr but i also love zeppelin so they get my vote. Led Zeppelin in my opinion is the greatest band of all time. They had the best drummer hands down. An amazing singer, a great guitarist, and an underated bassist.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Think about it. Jimmy Page is a better guitarist than you. He knows what he's doing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

..But he's not bullet proof and he fucks up. In this case he did.