Why is 'Former Gunners' so far down?

John Bonham

ANYTHING GOES is a great section - don't get me wrong.

But FORMER GUNNERS is buried way at the bottom.

Let's face it - No one even knows who is in the band.

It seems there is a real bias against former members on this site (Slash, Buckethead, etc.).

I'm not even arguing that we should be able to discuss Izzy, Duff, Slash, Steven, Paulie, Bucket, Brain, Robin, etc. in the main section.

I'm just wondering why DUST N BONES and ANYTHING GOES are so close to the main section and FORMER GUNNERS is hidden so far down.

Why?

If you wish to chat about the original Gunners - the section is right under the Newswire section at the top of the forum. In this section, you can chat about Slash, Duff and the original members - and even talk about reunion rumors. This is in the top section of the forum.

However, if you wish to talk about musicians, who briefly played with the band and were really just session musicians, then the former Gunner section is the place to go. And this section is exactly where it should be. If you started this thread just to whine about Bucket - then I will remind you again that this is a GNR forum, not a Buckethead forum. If you wish to obsess and cupcake over this particular musician, then I suggest you find a Buckethead forum, where you're free to spend your entire time drooling over him and his 100-releases-a-year music career. A GNR forum is not the place for that.

If you wish to chat about the original Gunners - the section is right under the Newswire section at the top of the forum. In this section, you can chat about Slash, Duff and the original members - and even talk about reunion rumors. This is in the top section of the forum.

However, if you wish to talk about musicians, who briefly played with the band and were really just session musicians, then the former Gunner section is the place to go. And this section is exactly where it should be. If you started this thread just to whine about Bucket - then I will remind you again that this is a GNR forum, not a Buckethead forum. If you wish to obsess and cupcake over this particular musician, then I suggest you find a Buckethead forum, where you're free to spend your entire time drooling over him and his 100-releases-a-year music career. A GNR forum is not the place for that.

Sorry.

You must have me confused with some one else.

I'm not even remotely a Buckethead fan. And I'm not whining, jeez.

You mention that Slash and Duff should be talked about in the Original Gunners section. So I think putting (Velvet Revolver) in Former Gunners is a mistake. :huh:

After all you don't consider Slash and Duff to be session musicians now do you? :rolleyes:

:D

its just amusing now.

buckethead wasnt a real member. he was 'really just a session musician'.

why? BECAUSE!

now shut up!!

Edited by daubs

However, if you wish to talk about musicians, who briefly played with the band and were really just session musicians, then the former Gunner section is the place to go. And this section is exactly where it should be. If you started this thread just to whine about Bucket - then I will remind you again that this is a GNR forum, not a Buckethead forum. If you wish to obsess and troll over this particular musician, then I suggest you find a Buckethead forum, where you're free to spend your entire time drooling over him and his 100-releases-a-year music career. A GNR forum is not the place for that.

You mention that Slash and Duff should be talked about in the Original Gunners section. So I think putting (Velvet Revolver) in Former Gunners is a mistake. :huh:

After all you don't consider Slash and Duff to be session musicians now do you? :rolleyes:

I think you're overthinking the placement of our sections - If you want to talk about the Original GN'R members and their time in GN'R then use the Original Gunners section. If you want to talk about their time in VR, etc - then talk about them in there. No need to pick it to pieces.

Madison is 100% right. And bonhamfan, she was just answering your question from all possible angles - whether it's from a Slash/Duff or a B-head POV. We're just sick of hearing about him in the main section when he's been out of the band for 5 years.

I suggest you find a Buckethead forum, where you're free to spend your entire time drooling over him and his 100-releases-a-year music career. A GNR forum is not the place for that.

Word.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I agree with HV and Madison. It isn't very hard to scroll down ten centimetres on the forum if you really want to read or write about Velvet Revolver.