Abba outsells GNR in Portugal

campos

numbers don't mean shit, Rembrandt sold only 1 painting in his lifetime, great art takes time to appreciate, and this is a fucking masterpiece, most probably the MTV/pointless hiphop-generation will never understand the greatness of this record, but I'm pretty sure that the numbers will start to go up at some point, I don't really give a fuck if it goes multi-platinum or not, I can enjoy it on my own and don't have to hear and see those who hated the album at first place suddenly starting to claim that guns n' roses is their favorite band and they've been fans for years, it's like with sports teams, when a team starts winning, suddenly everyone's a fan, fuck that, my point being, chi dem rules and sales don't mean shit to a true fan

numbers don't mean shit, Rembrandt sold only 1 painting in his lifetime, great art takes time to appreciate, and this is a fucking masterpiece, most probably the MTV/pointless hiphop-generation will never understand the greatness of this record, but I'm pretty sure that the numbers will start to go up at some point, I don't really give a fuck if it goes multi-platinum or not, I can enjoy it on my own and don't have to hear and see those who hated the album at first place suddenly starting to claim that guns n' roses is their favorite band and they've been fans for years, it's like with sports teams, when a team starts winning, suddenly everyone's a fan, fuck that, my point being, chi dem rules and sales don't mean shit to a true fan

Thank you for not being fuckin retarded like half of this board and their tweak fest over record sales

agreed 100%

Numbers DO mean shit if you want to hear more music from Axl again.

Numbers DO mean shit if you want to hear more music from Axl again.

1. The Spaghetti Incident didn't do so well in comparison to GNR's other albums.

2. Live Era didn't do so well in comparison to GNR's other albums.

3. The Oh My God single and End Of Days soundtrack didn't do so well in comparison to GNR's other singles and other soundtracks featuring their music.

4. There have been musicians that have been dropped from a label due to album sales and have signed with another, and have gone on to put out new music.

5. Axl could go the Nine Inch Nails and Radiohead route by self releasing.

6. Supposedly during the Chinese Democracy sessions there was a shitload of material recorded. Given how many of the songs on Chinese Democracy leaked before there was a release date in sight it's definitely in the realm of possibility that more material could be leaked, though I don't support that and want a proper release.

7. Who is to say Axl would even want to release another album? There has been talk about the rumored trilogy from third parties, but there was also talk from Axl of all people that there would be an album out in the early 2000's, and then in 2006. Supposedly this was the last thing Axl owed Geffen. If this thing did better than all the GNR albums combined they couldn't force him to put another one out, and the big thing to consider especially with album sales is Axl isn't motivated by money. If he were Chinese Democracy would have come out in 2000 so he'd have gotten the bonus from Geffen and then he'd reunite with the popular lineup where the real big bucks likely are.

8. This partly goes back to number 4, but look up the album sales for Bring'Em Bach Alive and Bach 2: Basics. Compare them to Skid Row's first few albums and you'll see they didn't do as well in comparison. Then consider after going from a successful band to two albums which weren't hits that Sebastian Bach got a record deal and released Angel Down which also didn't do spectacular. If Sebastian Bach could put out two albums that weren't hits and then get signed to a record label and puts out an album which didn't make much noise other on the CD, certainly Axl could.

9. You're wrong.

11. ppruks made the best post in this topic.

12. I'd like to end this list on an even number.

Edited by Crotch Monster

I know that part of this poor numbers is that Fnac, our biggest store, refused to buy the usual stock they buy for a big cd when it comes out. They only bought like a 1000 to the lisbon area, and most of the Fnac stores sold out CD in the first 2 days!! Why they didnt buy more for this first week sales, im not sure, but maybe its something related to their cash flow for the end of the month of November.

Apart from this, we all know that we have no video, we have no interview from Axl...and that doesnt help either!

Why are people that surprised. I prefer GnR over ABBA no doubt. They are huge in Portugal. Given Mama Mia was a hit, and ABBA is one of the biggest selling bands of all time. I believe they have outsold GnR world wide, and not just by a few million copies. Its not that surprising.

good point