Bowie

Trish_is_here

have you heard much of his early stuff, quirky stuff?

Massive talent, every character he created came from within his soul. Not some made up trendy gimmick. Not many like that. a master storyteller. :shades: rock2

I have to admit, The Laughing Gnome is a masterpiece.

NIN/Bowie tour...good memories.

He never gets credit for changing the face of music and taking chances.

He's the reason why Velvet Underground is namedropped in the first place. He saved Lou Reed from being his dad's gofer. "Transformer"? Listen to "Satellite of Love".... Bowie's vocals at the end take it into an awesome direction, plus playing the sax on "Walk on the Wild Side".

My favorites -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r44OFO-MNPo...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejJmZHRIzhY...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qjTStVY6Hk

NIN/Bowie tour...good memories.

He never gets credit for changing the face of music and taking chances.

He's the reason why Velvet Underground is namedropped in the first place. He saved Lou Reed from being his dad's gofer. "Transformer"? Listen to "Satellite of Love".... Bowie's vocals at the end take it into an awesome direction, plus playing the sax on "Walk on the Wild Side".

^_^ I have exactly that record on my turntable right now.. a gem. Co-produced by Bowie

I was raised on Bowie, so he will always have a place in my heart.

Same here.

Let's not forget that without VU, Bowie wouldn't be anywhere either.

don't start me on bowie, i was saving my virginity for him when i was 12 :wub: very fond memories, but i must say i have progressed.. have kids now lol

Aww.

But that voice. That voice. 1053178760.gif

Yeah the voice, it is kind of you know ....weird/hot/ difficult to explain.

But I have to admit I only like his early work. It is strange and beautifull at the same time!

Edited by MBRose

I have to admit, The Laughing Gnome is a masterpiece.

HA! Yeah, I heard that in NYC for the first time at like 13, that was the city to hear it in!

Bowie is a legend, such a wide and vast catalog of greatness. Low, as said, truly a wonder. The 'Ziggy/Pretty Thing/Life on Mars' days are my fav, if I had to pick an era. One of the best writers in rock history, great vocal prowess aside.

Edited by axlskAmpf

That's not true, at all.

That's not true, at all.

Care to elaborate?

That's not true, at all.

I wouldn't say Bowie wouldn't be anywhere, but after the success of Space Oddity he was struggling to find a sound that fit him. He found the Velvet Underground, and was so blown away by them. It could be argued that without VU, there would no Ziggy Stardust.

That's not true, at all.

I wouldn't say Bowie wouldn't be anywhere, but after the success of Space Oddity he was struggling to find a sound that fit him. He found the Velvet Underground, and was so blown away by them. It could be argued that without VU, there would no Ziggy Stardust.

Definitely not any Berlin-era either.

That's not true, at all.

I haven't checked out that era yet, I stopped at Young Americans. Gonna buy Low next time I'm in Glasgow though.

That's not true, at all.

I haven't checked out that era yet, I stopped at Young Americans. Gonna buy Low next time I'm in Glasgow though.

You must listen to Low and Heroes, asap.

Experimental albums, sound like film music, in places.

Very ambiental , and thanks to Eno's involvement- electronic.

Of course, it's got nothing to do with VU.

Edited by LEARNING PROCESS

The Idiot is a must for Bowie fans.

Ahhh, now you're fuckin talkin my language :):):) Iggy Stooge baby, all day everytime!!

On Topic: i'd be lying if i said i'd heard a lot of Bowie but i like what i've heard and i'd like to hear more :) not sure where to start though. Heard Starman and Jean Genie...they're really (how do i describe this?) sexy sounding? :lol: Genie more than Starman i mean.

Edited by dirtylenny