nasa voyager recordings

stacks on deck

as you know, planets emit electromagnetic waves that can't be heard by human ears. but through the voyager's recording equipment, nasa was able to record the sounds and eventually release them in a series of fives albums entitled symphonies of the planets. basically, some of the most beautiful and interesting ambient soundscapes i've ever heard. highly recommended--google blog search this and download. and smoke a joint or two while listening.

Edited by stacks on deck

as you know, planets emit electromagnetic waves that can't be heard by human ears. but through the voyager's recording equipment, nasa was able to record the sounds and eventually release them in a series of fives albums entitled symphonies of the planets. basically, some of the most beautiful and interesting ambient soundscapes i've ever heard. highly recommended--google blog search this and download. and smoke a joint or two while listening.

i thought you ddin't smoke weed?

Indeed.

basically, some of the most beautiful and interesting ambient soundscapes i've ever heard.

Hey, guy.

Could you list about 20 or 30 of your favourite ambient soundscapes for future reference? This stuffs really good.

Not to take over a question for stacks or anything, but I've gotta chime in and recommend Brian Eno's Apollos.

basically, some of the most beautiful and interesting ambient soundscapes i've ever heard.

Hey, guy.

Could you list about 20 or 30 of your favourite ambient soundscapes for future reference? This stuffs really good.

eno - music for airports

eluvium - lambent material

eluvium - copia

lustmord - the place where the black stars hang

aphex twin - selected ambient works vol. 2

the residents - postcards from patmos

shuttle 358 - chessa

stars of the lid - the tired sounds of stars of the lid

tape - luminarium

fennesz - black sea

anything by steve roach.

hit this up. or, if you're lazy, open up your window and listen to nature's own ambience.

Hey, guy.

eno - music for airports

eluvium - lambent material

eluvium - copia

lustmord - the place where the black stars hang

aphex twin - selected ambient works vol. 2

the residents - postcards from patmos

shuttle 358 - chessa

stars of the lid - the tired sounds of stars of the lid

tape - luminarium

fennesz - black sea

anything by steve roach.

hit this up. or, if you're lazy, open up your window and listen to nature's own ambience.

Just listened to Music for Airports, and loved it. Thanks for the recommendation.